News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

A problem with the forum

Started by lidiya, July 12, 2008, 12:50:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lidiya

I've got this problem: Connection Problems
Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.
In phpAdmin written:

UNIQUE and INDEX keys should not both be set for column `ID_TOPIC`
UNIQUE and INDEX keys should not both be set for column `ID_MEMBER`
More than one INDEX key was created for column `ID_MEMBER`

What am I to do? I'm not good at databases.  :(

Rumbaar

No really helpful information in your post.  See the link in my signature How do I ask support questions the smart way?.

Did you change anything prior to this issue? More details!  Did you check with your host and see if they are having issues with their mySQL server?  Have you got this error before?  Did the forum ever work?  Link to forum?
"An important reward for a job well done is a personal sense of worthwhile achievement."

[ Themes ]

lidiya

My host tells that everything is ok with them. I had this error before, but usually I pushed the button "repair the database" and everu\ythnig became normal, but now it doesn't change.  Yes the forum worked and the link worked. If someone has time, I can give the link to my phpAdmin so that it can be checked there. (Of course, it will be payed).  :)

babjusi

Quote from: lidiya on July 12, 2008, 12:50:50 PM
Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.
In phpAdmin written:

UNIQUE and INDEX keys should not both be set for column `ID_TOPIC`
UNIQUE and INDEX keys should not both be set for column `ID_MEMBER`
More than one INDEX key was created for column `ID_MEMBER`

What am I to do? I'm not good at databases.  :(

I think that you can safely ignore those warning about UNIQUE and INDEX keys at the phpMyAdmin. The index on SMF are used efficiently. So you got nothing to worry about there.

N3RVE

Quote from: lidiya on July 12, 2008, 12:50:50 PM

Welcome to SMF, lidiya.

Is this a permanent problem, does your forum come on and go down from time to time?
You can download repair_settings.php (What is repair_settings.php?)  and ensure that the db connection info is correct.

Quote from: lidiya on July 15, 2008, 01:45:49 PM
My host tells that everything is ok with them. I had this error before, but usually I pushed the button "repair the database" and everythnig became normal, but now it doesn't change.  Yes the forum worked and the link worked.

As Rumbaar stated earlier, we need more information.
See: How do I ask support questions the smart way?

Quote from: lidiya on July 15, 2008, 01:45:49 PM
If someone has time, I can give the link to my phpAdmin so that it can be checked there. (Of course, it will be payed). :)

Note that SMF offers official free support regarding our Software and you're encouraged to turn to us for problems like this instead offering paid penguins to address little issues like this. You can PM me with administrative login details to resolve this problem.

-[n3rve]
Ralph "[n3rve]" Otowo
Former Marketing Co-ordinator, Simple Machines.
ralph [at] simplemachines [dot] org                       
Quote"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." - Carl Sagan

lidiya

Oh!!! Thank you so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :-* It worked!!!  :)

Advertisement: