Security issues

Started by GPGrieco, July 12, 2008, 06:16:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GPGrieco

I have done some quick searching and browsing the 2.0 forums, but can't find anything. I was wondering if the current beta of 2.0 (2.0 beta 3.1) has any known security issues.

青山 素子

As of this time, there are no known security issues with any of the latest released versions of SMF.

Should security issues be discovered, a patch will be issued to fix them. We don't like to have unpatched security issues, so we make sure to take care of them as quickly as is possible while making sure we are making an adequate fix.

Be aware that 2.0 is in beta, and just like any beta there are known bugs that could affect the functionality of the software. Most of these are minor. None of them are known to be security-related. Also be aware that there might be unknown bugs that have not been reported yet. If you cannot take this risk, it is advised you use version 1.1.5, the latest stable version of SMF at this time.
Motoko-chan
Director, Simple Machines

Note: Unless otherwise stated, my posts are not representative of any official position or opinion of Simple Machines.

Advertisement: