New installation - 2.0 beta 3

Started by raaaz, August 23, 2008, 06:44:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

raaaz

Hi,m

I have SMF 1.1.5 installed through fantastico at www.theconfab.net/forums

I want to upload 2.0 beta 3 at www.theconfab.net/tforum but I get this:

I have downloaded full 2.0 beta 3 zip and then uploaded on the server. I get to the page (above in the picture). When I key in my "user name" and "password" it give the error mentioned in red in the picture above.

What am I doing wrong?

I thank you in advance for your help.

A novice

raaaz

Oops the screen shot's too small. It is "SMF Installer" page that says, "The installer has detected that you already have SMF installed. It is strongly advised that you do not try to overwrite an existing installation - continuing with installation may result in the loss or corruption of existing data.

If you wish to upgrade please visit the Simple Machines Website and download the latest upgrade package.

If you wish to overwrite your existing installation, including all data, it's recommended that you delete the existing database tables and replace Settings.php and try again".

Does it mean that my server doesn't meet the requirements? If yes, how did I manage to install SMF 1.1.5 via fantastico?  :-[

ccbtimewiz

You're better off making this forum on a subdomain--

Such as; www.beta.theconfab.net/

greyknight17

What did you enter for the database name and prefix? It sounds like you are trying to force a clean install on the existing database for SMF 1.1.5.

If you want to do a new install, create a new database (different from your current 1.1.5 forum). Use that new database for the SMF 2.0 install.

Advertisement: