News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Problem with Language

Started by Mictian, January 20, 2005, 05:04:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mictian

A friend of mine was kind enough to create a front Page to my forum.
Functions are that news are put up there from the forum.

The problem is that when a news topic is posted, and then shows up in the front page, the letters ÅÄÖ doesn't show.
Instead i get chinese symbols and squares.

Now I think the problem is that the code for the front page was written on a American PC.
But does anyone have a clue of how to fix it?

In the forums there is no problmem with ÅÄÖ, only on the front Page.

Thanks in Advance.

Mictian

No one had the same problem or even have a clue of how to fix it?
Im thinking if the problem can be solved if i rewerite the code on my own swedish machine.

But it is still the same code, so I'm not sure if it would make any difference at all..?

Alexandre P.

Maybe the charset differs from your front page and the forum language pack's one?
Aucun support par M.P., courriel ou messagerie instantanée / No support by P.M., email or I.M.

Mictian

Oh!

Thank you, will look into it.

Alexandre P.

Look in /Themes/default/languages/index.[language].php, around line 17, for something like:
$txt['lang_character_set'] = 'ISO-8859-15';

This line should tell you what charset your language pack uses.
Aucun support par M.P., courriel ou messagerie instantanée / No support by P.M., email or I.M.

Mictian

This is affecting everything I code whatsoever.
If I only open a file that has swedish letters in it, just open, don't do anything, then save and upload.

The ÅÄÖ signs won't show.

This is so frustrating I am thinking about chanign my nationalty, to a Russian and move there.

God damn..

[Unknown]

Quote from: Mictian on March 02, 2005, 02:41:55 PM
If I only open a file that has swedish letters in it, just open, don't do anything, then save and upload.

The ÅÄÖ signs won't show.

This is so frustrating I am thinking about chanign my nationalty, to a Russian and move there.

If you save it, and then open it again, do the symbols show?  What text editor are you using?

You might try saving the file as UTF-8 in your editor.

-[Unknown]

Advertisement: