[SMF Converter] Yabb 2.2

Started by SleePy, July 14, 2008, 10:47:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dataangel

This is my first post, so bare with me... :D

I am running Yabb 2.2(which is not a clean install but upgraded from prior versions as I have been using yabb for years), I also have SMF 1.1.8 installed, running a mysql 4.1 database. If anyone can help I'd really appreciate it, I don't know anything about mysql or PHP, yes im pretty technically literate but after many hours I can't get it to pass without an errorI tried yabb22_to_smf_.php and of course I also tried yabb21_to_smf.php and yabb2_to_smf.php to compare errors, and they are all different errors naturally.

After I run the yabb22_to_smf.php convertor and I get the following:

Successful.
Converting membergroups... Successful.
Converting members... Successful.
Converting settings... Successful.
Converting personal messages (part 1)... Successful.
Successful.
Converting boards and categories...
Notice: Undefined index: general_cat in /home/content/d/a/t/dataangel/html/yabb22_to_smf.php on line 782

Notice: Undefined index: general_cat in /home/content/d/a/t/dataangel/html/yabb22_to_smf.php on line 784
Successful.
Converting topics (part 1)... Successful.
Converting posts (part 1 - this may take some time)... Unsuccessful!
This query:

UPDATE `smfzork`.smfzork_topics
    SET ID_FIRST_MSG = ,
    ID_LAST_MSG =
    WHERE ID_TOPIC = 7;

Caused the error:

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '
    ID_LAST_MSG =
    WHERE ID_TOPIC = 7' at line 2

ThorstenE

dataangel, have you tried the yabb22_to_smf.php attached to this topic (first post)?

dataangel

I didn't say directly that I tried it, but yes that was the one I used and then I tried the others. Edited my main post.  ;)

SleePy

How many posts do you have on your yabb forum?
Can you attach or send me your forum.master file from your yabb board files? My email is listed on the team page if you prefer to email it :)
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

dataangel

I have something like 2000 posts? However each thread is its own file... when I run the convertor all the posts are there, however the topic convertor fails so theres NO threads for the posts to be assigned.

SleePy

Do any boards convert?

Far as I can tell I think the boards conversion may be failing. But I don't see why

Edit,
We could try this
Find in the yabb2_to_smf.sql

list ($tempCatID, $tempID, , $description, $mods, , , , , $doCountPosts, , , $is_recycle) = explode('|', rtrim($line));
// !!! is_recycle -> set recycle board?

Add before:

if (substr($line, 0, 3) == 'qq~')
$line = substr($line, 3);
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

dataangel

Ill give that a try and report the results, thanks.

^
Successful.
Successful.
Notice: Undefined index: general_cat in /home/content/d/a/t/dataangel/html/yabb22_to_smf.php on line 785

Notice: Undefined index: general_cat in /home/content/d/a/t/dataangel/html/yabb22_to_smf.php on line 787
Successful.
Converting topics (part 1)...
Notice: Undefined variable: i in /home/content/d/a/t/dataangel/html/yabb22_to_smf.php on line 866

Notice: Undefined variable: userData in /home/content/d/a/t/dataangel/html/yabb22_to_smf.php on line 866

This query:

SET ID_FIRST_MSG = ,
    ID_LAST_MSG =
    WHERE ID_TOPIC = 7;

Caused the error:

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '
    ID_LAST_MSG =

SleePy

I think I see it now.
Make a backup of your forum.control.

Open it. The very last line should have something similar to "general_cat|news||All"

Change general_cat to 1. I think this is the issue here as that is an invalid cat id. The converter can't find it so index errors are occurring and the conversion isn't completing.

dataangel

FIXED ^

Notice: Undefined variable: i in /home/content/d/a/t/dataangel/html/yabb22_to_smf.php on line 864

Notice: Undefined variable: userData in /home/content/d/a/t/dataangel/html/yabb22_to_smf.php on line 864

This query:

SET ID_FIRST_MSG = ,
    ID_LAST_MSG =
    WHERE ID_TOPIC = 7;

Caused the error:

ID_LAST_MSG =

SleePy

Did the members get converted?

Those line errors are way off from what I have, so this is making debugging harder to track down. I don't think it is anything you are doing, most likely just issues with line endings from different operating systems.

dataangel

No it did not convert the members.  :(

SleePy

Would you be able to just send me all your yabb database? I can try the converter locally then. I don't know why it isn't working. I have a feeling it may be due to the changes yabb is doing in order to work with mysql and other databases.

dataangel

Thanks for fixing it! Guess I just had an issue with my forum data, Doh! I don't know how that happened...

Deminora

Hello.

I'm trying to convert Yabb 2.1 to SMF but I get absolutly the same errors that dataangel had.

After I follow the instruction you advice in this topic I got this:

QuoteSuccessful.
Successful.
Notice: Undefined index: 1 in /home2/awhitney/public_html/forum/yabb21_to_smf.php on line 793

Notice: Undefined index: 1 in /home2/awhitney/public_html/forum/yabb21_to_smf.php on line 795
Successful.
This query:
UPDATE `awhitney_forum`.smf_topics
SET ID_FIRST_MSG = ,
ID_LAST_MSG =
WHERE ID_TOPIC = 41;
Caused the error:

ID_LAST_MSG =
WHERE ID_TOPIC = 41' at line 2

:'(

I'll be very grateful for your help...

Arantor

Are you still having trouble with this? I'm guessing you tried the fixes mentioned so far by SleePy though.

nirok

Hi i'm very new to SMF and wanting to move my Yabb forum to it, i'm getting this error message:

Converting posts (part 2)... Successful.
Converting attachments (if the mod is installed)... Successful.
Cleaning up... Successful.
Converting polls and poll choices (part 1)... Successful.
Converting polls and poll choices (part 2)... Successful.
Converting poll votes... Successful.
Recalculating forum statistics... Successful.
Unsuccessful!
This query:
REPLACE INTO {$to_prefix}settings (variable, value)
VALUES ("conversion_time", 1255648495),
("conversion_from", "yabb22_to_smf.php");
Caused the error:

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '{$to_prefix}settings (variable, value)
VALUES ("conversion_time", 1255648495)' at line 1

I jsut want to know if this is a problem??? I just when to my SMF board and it all seems to be there and working?? i'm just doing some tests but can someone let me know what this might mean??

Thanks

Korin

SleePy

You can safely ignore this error.  It is a bug in our main convert.php file.  This doesn't affect your conversion.

machinez12

bioai

Hi All,

I have just converted from yaBB 2.3 to SMF 1.1.12, went very smoothly but I have had a few errors. All of my posts and users seem to be there, but I haven't done a thorough testing, other than logging in with my admin account (which was transferred also).

Can anyone shed any light on the following errors please?? They seem fairly unimportant by description, but are they likely to impact things down the line? Should I try and resolve these (or go and change settings in SMF to reflect) before I make the SMF the live forum (the old yaBB forum is currently shut down in maintenance mode,and was for the conversion).

Thanks for any advice...

My conversion log:
Converting...
Successful.
Converting settings...
Notice: Undefined index: userpic_width in /home/ribcghal/public_html/smf/yabb22_to_smf.php on line 441

Notice: Undefined index: userpic_height in /home/ribcghal/public_html/smf/yabb22_to_smf.php on line 442

Notice: Undefined index: userpic_width in /home/ribcghal/public_html/smf/yabb22_to_smf.php on line 443

Notice: Undefined index: userpic_height in /home/ribcghal/public_html/smf/yabb22_to_smf.php on line 444

Successful.
Successful.
Notice: Undefined index: web in /home/ribcghal/public_html/smf/yabb22_to_smf.php on line 785

Notice: Undefined index: web in /home/ribcghal/public_html/smf/yabb22_to_smf.php on line 787

Successful.
Converting posts (part 1 - this may take some time)... Successful.
Converting posts (part 2)... Successful.
Converting attachments (if the mod is installed)... Successful.
Cleaning up... Successful.
Converting polls and poll choices (part 1)... Successful.
Converting polls and poll choices (part 2)... Successful.
Converting poll votes... Successful.
Recalculating forum statistics... Successful.
Conversion Complete
Congratulations, the conversion has completed successfully. If you have or had any problems with this converter, or need help using SMF, please feel free to look to us for support.
Please check this box to delete the converter right now for security reasons. (doesn't work on all servers.)

Now that everything is converted over, your SMF installation should have all the posts, boards, and members from the YaBB 2.2 installation.

We hope you had a smooth transition!

BTW: very happy so far, next step is looking at a portal or CMS integration :)

EDIT: The yabb22_to_smf.php used was the once currently attached to this thread, and convert.php from here: http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=140741.0

bioai

Hello... Can anyone suggest what these errors might relate too please? Is it max avatar size or something?

Advertisement: