News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Please Advise...!

Started by WondeReye, July 15, 2008, 01:48:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WondeReye

Hi,
First of all I would like to thank all the SMF people including the Administration for this excellent supporting work here.

I'm new to the SMF. I installed the SMF as our forum according to the guidances by the SMF help. Now its functioning well. But we have little problems on our way. I kindly request all of you for give your valuable advises and guidances to clear these problems. 

Problems as follows;

Notification e-mail.
When new users are getting register, they are receiving the activation mail. No problem of that. Problems are coming with other side. That is they are not receiving Topic Notification mails.
Notification Topics are Enabled.
Notifications option ON for the Regular Users in the Administration Panel of the forum

Further to advises by the SMF help, We followed these steps in Administration Panel.

Themes & Layouts -----> Reset Options-----> Reset all members' current options for this theme (From our default theme)-----> Turn notification on when you post or reply to a topic (Selected it, clicked Change and Saved).

But still we have this problem. Users are not receiving Notification mails, When they are replying to a Topic or they are posting New Topics.

Other Problem is in PM Box.
We put "0" in; Maximum number of recipients allowed in a personal message, Post count under which users must enter code when sending personal messages & Number of personal messages a user may send in an hour options which are under the Basic Features in Administration Panel. But users can only send one PM. They need to clear PM Box when they need to send new PM to users.

These are the problems we have.  I really appreciate your kind support to clear these problems.

Thank you all of your valuable time.
Regards...!
:)
WondeReye

Advertisement: