Eblah 9.71B conversion to SMF issues

Started by SimplyScripts, July 15, 2008, 07:43:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SimplyScripts

Quote from: SleePy on July 23, 2008, 03:40:41 AM
The message ids changed? Are they a similar change such as a certain number incremented or what?

I may have misused the terminology. 

1)The private messages, while in the MySql database, do not show up in the users PM mailboxes.

2) as for the message ids, here I was referring to messages posted to the forum, e.g., On the old forum, the message id for "Good news. Script sold" is:
http://www.simplyscripts.net/cgi-bin/Blah/Blah.pl?m-1216741106/ [nofollow]

on the SMF forum, the message id is:
http://simplyscripts.net/forum/index.php?topic=7164.0 [nofollow]

It would have been nice to have the old message ids retained so I could do a search and replace on message urls to point users to the new threads.

Don
No matter where you go, there you are.

SleePy

They show in both of the pm tables?
It just may be the label is not correct. In which just doing this sql command should fix it:
UPDATE smf_pm_recipients
SET labels = '-1';

That is a topic id, not a message id.
Was that a time stamp used there to reference the message id or do you know?
If it was a time stamp and it was retained during the conversion, some custom code can be used to correctly direct them.
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

SimplyScripts

Quote from: SleePy on July 23, 2008, 02:05:56 PM
They show in both of the pm tables?
It just may be the label is not correct. In which just doing this sql command should fix it:
UPDATE smf_pm_recipients
SET labels = '-1';

The above didn't fix anything.  After looking at pm_recipients and personal_messages, I see that personal_messages has about 11825 rows, however, pm_recipients has only about 90 rows.  Looks like pm_recipients didn't get converted completely

Quote from: SleePy on July 23, 2008, 02:05:56 PM

That is a topic id, not a message id.
Was that a time stamp used there to reference the message id or do you know?
If it was a time stamp and it was retained during the conversion, some custom code can be used to correctly direct them.

Yes, the column "posterTime" (which I believe is a time stamp) corresponds to the first message in a topic .  If there is something that can be done to redirect users using that, I'd like to investigate that.

Don
No matter where you go, there you are.

SleePy

The missing information in the pm_recipients table would explain that.
Without that info as well, the pm data would be lost if you tried to fix it.

I am not as good at perl. But you could do a redirect to a php script, that would connect to the database and find the message that had the time stamp that was in the url and then redirect them to the topic.

Currently I am in the middle of oscon (I am typing from the show room floor right now), so I don't got time at the moment to program something up that might work.
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

Advertisement: