News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

characters missing

Started by mikyatope, July 23, 2008, 10:18:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikyatope

hi, I had given a try to the SMF 2 beta , and in my new board, I have some characters missing I installed the forum with UTF8, also the database, and I've installed the catalan language pack http://otakuab.com/sbd/index.php [nofollow]

Rumbaar

What characters are missing exactly?  From what I can access on your forum, all appears to be displaying correctly.

Also are you sure you've upload all the language files as your new.gif is missing for your current language:
http://otakuab.com/sbd/Themes/adagio/images/catalan/new.gif
"An important reward for a job well done is a personal sense of worthwhile achievement."

[ Themes ]

mikyatope

Fira Asitica a Sabadell

I've seen that this problem it's only in the forum name, and page title ... why?

Rumbaar

How did you input those characters?

Also did you run both process?
/index.php?action=convertutf8
/index.php?action=convertentities
"An important reward for a job well done is a personal sense of worthwhile achievement."

[ Themes ]

mikyatope

I typed it normally. I re-typed them and now works fine, but in some administration/help text there still are missing characters ... but it's strange, because Catalan have quite spetial characters, but only very few of them are missing, and not allways xD without rule

thanks anyway !

Rumbaar

Are you using the 'normal' or utf8 version of your language files?  Either way have you manually edited them before?  If so what text editor did you use to edit them?

[ Themes ]

mikyatope

I have not edited anything, and I'm not given any option to select a utf8-type, I'm running standard xD

Rumbaar

There are two download package types for your language, 'normal' and UTF8 which one are you using?  You might have to download the utf8 version and use that for better 'special' character support.

[ Themes ]

mikyatope

there's only one language pack for SMF 2.0 Beta 3.1 in my language  :(

Rumbaar

Ah that's right, well that is the nature of the current BETA release of 2.x sorry.

[ Themes ]

Advertisement: