Birthdays showing without being enabled

Started by auroramae, July 20, 2008, 08:46:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

auroramae

I have the birthdays disabled in the calendar area but they are showing on the board index.  How can I override this?

Rumbaar

Have you got it set to not display anywhere?  As there is a setting for Calendar, BoardIndex, Calendar & BoardIndex or none at all.
"An important reward for a job well done is a personal sense of worthwhile achievement."

[ Themes ]

auroramae

It is set to none at all and has always been set that way.  it shows now that I've upgraded to 2.0 bets 3.1

auroramae

Rumbaar

Strange, so it never showed up before.  Did you go straight from 1.1.x to 2.0 BETA 3.1?  Can you link to your forum?  Is this in the default theme?

I'll have to run some test on my test site and see if I can replicate the issue.
"An important reward for a job well done is a personal sense of worthwhile achievement."

[ Themes ]

auroramae

Ok -- this is the weird thing about this issue.  I knew I posted something about birthdays a long time ago.
Back in the day I wanted birthdays to show and tried to do it.
I posted this message 2 years ago in JULY.
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=100958.msg652812#msg652812

I gave up on birthdays and disabled them.

I am using  the default theme but am using a different CSS, and graphics.  I have also added some static content at the top of the page.  May I PM the site address to you?  I don't want to advertise the address if I am having issues that could hint of anything security related.

I just added some mods today but this didn't work from a fresh install.

This is what I have added right now.

Highlight Search Keywords      1.2      
Top 10 Posters Today And This Week Stats    1.1    
Bump Topics    1.0    
Justify BBCode    1.1    
Users Online Today    1.5.2    
More Spiders    1.2    
Auto Embed Video/Audio Clips    3.1.1

I have looked over the database and I can't find where the calendar setting  is defined  What table row?

I've had another weird issue since upgrading... smileys.

Thank you for helping me with this.  After all these years of no birthdaysI've decided that it is better that way.

Rumbaar

Sure PM you link, a test account if possible.  If content is restricted for guest access so I can test views.  I may have to play with DOB date of the test account, so please have it able to change it's own details in this regards if possible.

[ Themes ]

auroramae

I didn't answer your question about the upgrade.  From 1.15 to 2 beta 3.1

Rumbaar

Ah, should have search some more.  It's a known bug and has been fixed in the DEV version.

Try this thread [SMF 2.0 Beta 3 Public] Calender items on boardindex for a temporary fix.

[ Themes ]

auroramae

I never seem to get the searching thing right! I search and search.  THANK YOU!!!

Rumbaar

Oh I meant I should have searched more, not you. So please don't take that statement to heart :)

You're welcome, I'll assume that fix solved your issue.

[ Themes ]

auroramae

Absolutely perfect... thank you - No more pesky birthdays, advertising our old age.
I will note that the ssi version will still shows birthdays... another topic, another day.

Advertisement: