News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Orstios Bridge 1.17 problem

Started by RAN, July 22, 2008, 02:57:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RAN

Hi,

I have intalled:

Joomla 1.0.15
SMF 1.1.5
Orstios Bridge 1.16

The problem is when I remove this $buffer = rewrite_comsmf2($buffer); for smf.php no errors in forum but flash chat dosent work and when I click on save on Admin-->Features and Options gives me this error "Unable to load the 'main' template. "

When I put this $buffer = rewrite_comsmf2($buffer); flash chat works ok Admin-->Features and Options works ok, but I have on url option,com_smf/Itemid,99999999 and I must to logout first to login.

Any tips?

Thank you in advance
RAN

Orstio

QuoteThe problem is when I remove this $buffer = rewrite_comsmf2($buffer); for smf.php

I don't think you have my bridge installed.  Bridge 1.1.6 had no such code.

RAN

Dear Orstio

I have this bridge but like this, without $buffer = rewrite_comsmf2($buffer);
no errors in forum but flash chat dosent work and when I click on save on Admin-->Features and Options gives me this error "Unable to load the 'main' template.

If I put this code
function mambo_smf_exit($with_output)
{
   global $wrapped, $mosConfig_db, $mosConfig_dbprefix, $database, $cur_template, $mainframe, $boardurl, $smf_css, $mosConfig_sef, $mosConfig_debug, $db_name;

$buffer = ob_get_contents();
   $mainframe->addMetaTag('description',create_description());
   $mainframe->addMetaTag('keywords',create_keywords());
   $buffer = rewrite_comsmf2($buffer);
   ob_end_clean();
   if (!$with_output || $wrapped !='true')
   {      
      //$buffer = mambo_smf_url($buffer);
      $buffer = ob_mambofix($buffer);
      echo $buffer;   
      exit;
   }

flash chat works ok Admin-->Features and Options works ok, but I have on url option,com_smf/Itemid,99999999 and I must to logout first to login.

Thank you,
RAN

Orstio

From where did you get this file?  It is modified from the original bridge.

None of my bridges have ever had a line like you describe.

There should be nothing between

$buffer= ob_get_contents();

and

ob_end_clean();

I don't know where you are getting the idea that you should have a line reading $buffer = rewrite_comsmf2($buffer);

None of my bridges have ever had that line, and I don't see any use for such a line.

EDIT -- I've downloaded and looked at the file.  No need to keep it here for distribution.

RAN

Ok

I have the original bridge without this modifications.
Any chance of make it work with  flash chat and without this error Admin-->Features and Options  "Unable to load the 'main' template. "?

Maybe a .htaccess problem?

Thank you for your help
RAN

Orstio

QuoteAny chance of make it work with  flash chat and without this error Admin-->Features and Options  "Unable to load the 'main' template. "?

Bridge 1.1.6, unmodified, will do that just fine.  I don't know why you have modified your bridge, or why you thought you had to modify it.

Again, where did you get this bridge?

Also, why do you have bridge 1.1.6, when bridge 1.1.6 has not been distributed in almost two years?

If this is the site with the problems:

http://www.sharingengines.com/sh/index.php

Then I can see right away the cause of multiple things you may be encountering.

You have some sort of SEF component installed.  You made the URL alias of the bridge component "forum".  You also installed your actual SMF forum in a folder named "forum".  When you go to http://www.sharingengines.com/sh/forum , should you expect to see the SEF URL alias page, or the stand alone forum?  How does the server tell which one you are trying to access?

RAN

Hi,

I get this bridge in one forum, a year ago but I dont know what forum is...
I can post in attachement for you see. Please remov it.

Any chance to remove this errors?

Ran

Orstio

I believe your errors should go away if you choose a different name for your URL alias, or move SMF to a folder with a different name. 

Advertisement: