News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Joomla users to SMF

Started by Kaya, July 23, 2008, 02:03:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaya

Dear all,

I'm running a joomla 1.0.12 site. But I decided to use SMF. I want to export all my users to SMF. How can I do that? I won't use joomla after user transfer.

Thank you.

ThorstenE

give me one or two days please ...i have myself a joomla site 1.0.12 and can write a small script for user-only conversion. 

Kaya

ThorstenE, that would be great. I cannot write a script, but I can help you by testing your script, or some other way you want.

(My SMF version is 1.1.5.
Joomla and SMF are on seperate databases)

ThorstenE

First of all read this guide: Converting to SMF

you need two files, the convert.php from the topic (download at the end of first post):
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=140741.0
and the file attached here (ups, it was easier than i thought)

existing SMF-Users will be dropped and all Joomla-Users will be imported. Users with "super Administrator" in Joomla will be Administrator in SMF.

Hope it works, my small test was fine..

Kaya

Thank you so much for your help but I'm not sure I understood the procedure. But I will try. In fact I didn't understand what to do with these files. I'm not familiar to this kind of things. I'm not an expert.

SleePy

What do you not understand?
I know that may seem like I am saying it to be rude, but its not. Just let us know where the confusion is occurring and we can try to clear things up  :D

The process for conversion is really simple.
Once SMF is installed, you basically just drop in the conversion files and tell it where joomla is. The rest is done for you.
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

Kaya

SleePy,

You're right. I didn't try it yet but after reading the instructions again while not sleeping(!) it seems to be easy. I will try conversion tonight and if I cannot do I will let you know.

Thank you for your kind answer.

Kaya

Dear ThorstenE and SleePy,

I completed user conversation without any problems. It was easy. Thank you so much for your help.

Take care.

Advertisement: