Love the site! Can you point me in the right direction?

Started by lindaf, July 24, 2008, 02:28:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lindaf

Hey.. love the site!  :D I especially like how the site is integrated with the forums. It is pretty much what I would like to do with my site. 

Can you direct me as to what I need to learn to be able to integrate my site similar to this?  I would like to be able to have the links at the very top like you have home, community, download, etc. and then you have created web pages in the same format for those. and people can easily go to the forums or look at the site.

What do I need to learn to do this and where can I find the info. 

I have 1.5 as a live site, and I have 2.0 running to play with and get set up similar to this.

Thanks!

ccbtimewiz

You can do similar with [SiNaN]'s Simple Portal modification or Bloc's Tiny Portal modification.

Look here > http://custom.simplemachines.org/

rafter

Yea just get a portal or I remember some guy having an awesome looking portal that he coded and I could maybe get the code.

NickC

If you don't need users to authenticate on your main web site, then your forum can be separate from it other than the menu. My site is built with Joomla and my forum is SMF. The look and feel is the same because I've created an SMF theme based on my Joomla template.

SlammedDime

SMF's Home page and related pages are all linked to the SMF forums via SMF's SSI.php, which is found in the main SMF directory of your install.
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

Advertisement: