News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

YaBB2.1 -> SMF - Personal Messages Problem

Started by JMB, July 25, 2008, 04:37:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SleePy

Ok try this.

Find:
                    'fromName' => substr(htmlspecialchars($userData[$i][0]), 0, 255),

Replace:
                    'fromName' => $is_sent ? htmlspecialchars(substr($entry, 0, -4)) : substr(htmlspecialchars($userData[$i][0]), 0, 255),

Find (Should only be a couple lines down from the first one):
                    'temp_toName' => htmlspecialchars(substr($entry, 0, -4)),

Replace:
                    'temp_toName' => $is_sent ? substr(htmlspecialchars($userData[$i][0]), 0, 255) : htmlspecialchars(substr($entry, 0, -4)),

That should fix it.
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

JMB

Tried that. No messages in the outbox at all...  :o

SleePy

Find:
                WHERE mem.memberName = pm.temp_toName
                    AND pm.temp_toName != ''
                    AND pm.deletedBySender != 0");

Replace:
                WHERE mem.memberName = pm.temp_toName
                    AND pm.temp_toName != ''");

Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

JMB

OK, still no messages in Outbox and I've got some duplicates in Inbox.

For example a message from a member named Futile and next to it the same message from a member called Futile.ou, who is marked as a guest.

JMB

Any progress on this problem SleePy?

It's the final hurdle for me to be able to convert to SMF.  :)

SleePy

No I haven't had time to look into getting this done right.
I plan on it in the up coming days since finals are almost over.

JMB

JMB

Any luck with figuring this one out SleePy?  ;)

SleePy

I have had people say pms are converting correctly for the yabb 2.2 converter now after I did some work to it. I was able to get both the inbox and outbox to convert data.

I plan on posting that as a beta script by the end of the week most likely. Just need to hear back from 1 more person.
I could most likely back port some of the changes. Which would basically be just where the information was in the array. I should be able to pick that up off the yabb 2.1 converter.

stealth8080

so any news with outbox pm problem?

I just converted yabb 2.2.3 forums to smf 1.1.6 and users didn't have outbox messages.

how to fix it, thanks.

SleePy

Did you use the converter file attached to the Yabb 2.2 beta topic that is a sticky in this board?

stealth8080

Quote from: SleePy on October 19, 2008, 09:23:23 PM
Did you use the converter file attached to the Yabb 2.2 beta topic that is a sticky in this board?

yea, I used it a the messages weren't converted.

SleePy

Is there any data in the smf_personal_messages and smf_pm_recipients tables?

JMB

As you seem to have managed to get this working on the 2.2 converter, I made a copy of my board and upgraded to 2.2.3.

I ran the latest SMF converter and it stops right at the start with this error:

Converting membergroups... Unsuccessful!
This query:

REPLACE INTO `porcupin_ptfsmf`.smf_membergroups
(id_group, group_name, online_color, min_posts, stars)
VALUES (2, SUBSTRING('Global Moderator', 1, 80), SUBSTRING('blue', 1, 20), '-1', SUBSTRING('5#stargmod.gif', 1, 255)),
(1, SUBSTRING('PTF Administrator', 1, 80), SUBSTRING('red', 1, 20), '-1', SUBSTRING('5#staradmin.gif', 1, 255)),
(3, SUBSTRING('PTF Moderator', 1, 80), SUBSTRING('green', 1, 20), '-1', SUBSTRING('5#starmod.gif', 1, 255));

Caused the error:

Unknown column 'group_name' in 'field list'

Any ideas?

SleePy

Which file did you get?
Those columns it is trying to use, are SMF 2.0 columns.

JMB

Quote from: SleePy on October 28, 2008, 05:16:07 PM
Which file did you get?
Those columns it is trying to use, are SMF 2.0 columns.

I used the file for 2.2 in the sticky post.

SleePy

Oh sorry, I reattached the file. I accidentally attached the version for 2.0 :P

JMB

JMB

I finally found some time to try this again. Converter ran really fast!! Converted the whole forum in under 8 minutes, compared to over 3 hours using the 2.1 converter! Well done on that!  ;D

Most things worked fine, but still problems with PM's.

All PM's in the inbox have a date of either January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM or January 01, 1970, 12:00:02 AM.

All PM's in inbox have the IP address for the subject and the subject for the name of the sender.

Message text is OK.

The are no PM's in the outbox.

SleePy

Alright.

This one any better?
I was off on a couple indexes.

If after this we can't get the pms to convert the outboxes, I will use the dummy function I have there to do this I guess.

Advertisement: