News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Allowing guests to see all Boards but not entering

Started by haxor1980, August 06, 2008, 07:15:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

haxor1980

I want guests to be able to see all the boards, but when the click the board, its says they have no access to it without login. How do I do this. WHen i set permissons in the admin, when your a guest the board just doesnt appear at all to them.   I want it to be able to be seen, but disable access until they are registered.  not sure if this makes sense.

Note: this has already been discussed in tips andf tricka but the suggestion does not work for SMF 2.0 beta 3.1 public and I am using that version. So some one please let me know how to proceed??

Rumbaar

You're pretty out of luck for the SMF 2.0 BETA 3.1 Public release of SMF for that type of mod.  I would have pointed you to the View Only Board or View Topic permissions mods, but they are currently only for 1.1.x.  Sometimes that is the nature of using BETA software, the current stable mods haven't been adjusted to work with the current new systems.
"An important reward for a job well done is a personal sense of worthwhile achievement."

[ Themes ]

Deprecated

How about trying Frustrate Your Guests v0.2.2 ?

QuoteThe mod permits to lock the access to the topics messages for guests or any other membergroup. With this new administration right, administrator can permit guests to browse your boards and topics, but not to read the messages.

It's on the mod site. :)

Rumbaar

Ah good find Deprecated, I hadn't noticed that mod before.
"An important reward for a job well done is a personal sense of worthwhile achievement."

[ Themes ]

haxor1980

Rumbaar

Ah, there seems to be an issue with the current coding of that mod and it's not available to the public.  Until the author fixes the issues/concerns it can't be released.  So it seems no options again.

[ Themes ]

Advertisement: