How to turn off supermoderators getting new user emails?

Started by X3mE, August 03, 2008, 03:31:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

X3mE

I've set that an email should be sent every time a new users registers. But, I thought that applies only to admins, but it appears that super moderators are getting those emails as well. Is there a way to turn that off?
Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is - never try.

My mods:
OS & Browser Detection (1.5 is out!) | Skype Profile Field | GTalk Profile Field | AllCaps Blocker | SMF Syntax Highlighter (Beta) + 2 in development!

Personal websites:
Mobilize.rs (and forum) | Lolmao.info

ccbtimewiz

SMF currently doesn't have Super Moderators, I'm assuming you mean Global Moderators?

The mail doesn't send to only admins, but to all members that have access to administrate the member database. Simply disable your glomods from accessing that section.

Otherwise, I can show you manual hacks to stop it, or you can download Sarge's mod from the mod site called "Notify one administrator", which you can select whom you send the email to, rather than to a group.

X3mE

Quote from: ccbtimewiz on August 03, 2008, 06:39:46 PM
SMF currently doesn't have Super Moderators, I'm assuming you mean Global Moderators?

Yeah, sorry.

Quote from: ccbtimewiz on August 03, 2008, 06:39:46 PMThe mail doesn't send to only admins, but to all members that have access to administrate the member database. Simply disable your glomods from accessing that section.

If I disable that, they will lose some other things as well, I just need to turn notification off.

Quote from: ccbtimewiz on August 03, 2008, 06:39:46 PMOtherwise, I can show you manual hacks to stop it, or you can download Sarge's mod from the mod site called "Notify one administrator", which you can select whom you send the email to, rather than to a group.

Sorry, but I can't seem to find that mod in the mods section :/

My mods:
OS & Browser Detection (1.5 is out!) | Skype Profile Field | GTalk Profile Field | AllCaps Blocker | SMF Syntax Highlighter (Beta) + 2 in development!

Personal websites:

X3mE

Unfortunately, that won't do, I'm on 2.0 beta 3.1... :/

My mods:

Personal websites:

Rumbaar

I would say try and install it and see if it works, but the nature of permission and the difference from 1.1.x to 2.x might be too great.
"An important reward for a job well done is a personal sense of worthwhile achievement."

[ Themes ]

Advertisement: