News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

Upload avatars issue

Started by speedy23, August 03, 2008, 05:59:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

speedy23

hi,
I am having the same issue. I tried to change permissions 755, 777 but nothing changed.
I made a change, I reset current themes options some days ago for Quick reply, maybe thats because of it.

thanks in advance for any help

Rumbaar

I've split your topic, it's best to start your own.  Can you state what you are using, errors you are getting and other details that will help. Remember the more info you give us the better, quicker and easier we might be able to help you!
"An important reward for a job well done is a personal sense of worthwhile achievement."

[ Themes ]

speedy23

Ok thanks..

I am getting no error. I looked at database and it saves records, and avatars also in Attachments folder.
When I add an avatar as direct link or from server there is no error, I can see avatars but if I upload from my pc, it is not visible.

In tried to make folder and images 755, and 777 but nothings changed. I look at avatar settings, I can see images lists, but When I clicked one of them it says 404.

Rumbaar

Are you using any bridges or redirects or pretty/SEO URL mods?  Are these the only attachment links you have issues with?  What type of image are you trying to upload as an Avatar?  You sure no errors in your AdminCP Error logs?
"An important reward for a job well done is a personal sense of worthwhile achievement."

[ Themes ]

speedy23

I am not using any bridges or url mods. I tried to upload .png, .jpg and .gif images, all of them uploaded but not seen.
I found this thread.http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=219413.0

It solves my problem also, I change users avatars folder, attachments -> attachments/avatars, and I delete this .htaccess (which is in atachments folder):

<Files *>
   Order Deny,Allow
   Deny from all
   Allow from localhost
</Files>

BUT is this safe I dont know.. Shall I put this .htaccess again?

Rumbaar

Did you change your whole attachment settings or change Upload avatars to... to Specific directory ... and then define it that way?

[ Themes ]

lordtron

I have the same problem. But the .htaccess file did not do anything different when deleted.

VainSoftGames.com - New Design To Gaming

Rumbaar

Well normally there isn't normally a sub-folder for avatars in the attachment folder, so I'm unsure of this.  Most uploads, even avatars, are handled by the normal attachment settings and folder.

[ Themes ]

speedy23

Quote from: Rumbaar on August 04, 2008, 03:47:18 AM
Did you change your whole attachment settings or change Upload avatars to... to Specific directory ... and then define it that way?

Yes I just did that, and it worked. Now I wonder if it is safe or not cause I delete htaccess file.

H

The .htaccess just allows people to browse the folder. It is recommended to leave it there but not having it there doesn't really effect anything
-H
Former Support Team Lead
                              I recommend:
Namecheap (domains)
Fastmail (e-mail)
Linode (VPS)

speedy23

ok then thanks for your all help..
I'll not put htaccess till I get another solution

Rumbaar

Quote from: speedy23 on August 04, 2008, 03:15:58 PMYes I just did that, and it worked. Now I wonder if it is safe or not cause I delete htaccess file.
Well I actually asked two questions there and you really didn't answer which method you used of the two I outlined.

[ Themes ]

speedy23

sorry..
I just change Upload avatars to... to Specific directory option, I didn't edit anything else in forum management.

Advertisement: