News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Enhanced PM Warning Message

Started by Kermit, January 21, 2009, 06:17:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

flamechica

Kermit

Quote from: flamechica on November 19, 2009, 03:36:30 AM
Will this be updated for RC2?

The mod works already on RC2,so an update is not necessary
My Mods
Please don't PM/mail me for support,unless i invite you
Formerly known as Duncan85
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."

A. Einstein

flamechica

Ok, thanks...it didn't say that on the mod page when I looked, but I see it does now.

ABCDiamond

Is there a way to have this appearing by default for all members on 1.1.11

I have looked everywhere I can think of, to try to set this.  But it seems that each member has to choose it.  Hopefully I am just missing something.

Thanks

ABCDiamond

Quote from: ABCDiamond on January 16, 2010, 12:13:10 AM
Is there a way to have this appearing by default for all members on 1.1.11

I have looked everywhere I can think of, to try to set this.  But it seems that each member has to choose it.  Hopefully I am just missing something.

Thanks

I obviously didn't look everywhere, I just found this from 2008

Quote from: karlbenson on July 20, 2008, 02:55:19 PM
SMF has this functionality.

Profile > Personal Messaging
Check Show a popup when you receive new messages?

For everyone
Admin > Current Theme > Reset Options (Called Member Options in 2.x)

For both links
Reset default (guest) options for this theme (0 options currently set.)
Reset all members' current options for this theme

Again set to change, and check Show a popup when you receive new messages?
(do it for guests aswell so that when guests register, they get it enabled by default).

This happens to me so often. I look for things, can't find them, ask for help, and then almost immediately I find the answer before anyone replies...  ;D

JungleBunny

Chalky

I have installed this on 2.0.2, but my popups don't have the pretty little colons and line break as shown in the picture.  I have just spent the last 20 minutes playing with the code, but I'm not a coder and have had no success.  Please, what can I do to make my popup look like the popup in the screenshot for this mod?

Kermit

Quote from: Sabrinova on April 15, 2012, 02:20:05 PM
I have installed this on 2.0.2, but my popups don't have the pretty little colons and line break as shown in the picture.  I have just spent the last 20 minutes playing with the code, but I'm not a coder and have had no success.  Please, what can I do to make my popup look like the popup in the screenshot for this mod?

That screenshot is from 1.x branch,which you have is how it should be in 2.0.x
My Mods
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."

A. Einstein

Chalky

I have noticed that the PM popup shows the "from" as the sending member's username, which may be, and in the case of some of my members is, different from their display name.  I'm guessing it's this bit of code that's doing it:

'sender' => $row['from_name'],

So how would I make it show the display name instead?

Chalky

Any ideas?  I know I could just make my members let me change their usernames to match their display names, but that's annoying for them and could become rather cumbersome...

Kermit

The mod retrieves the data from smf_personal_messages table,for changing it i need to add new column to that table and honestly i have not big wish to improve this little mod
My Mods

A. Einstein

Chalky

Thanks for the reply.  I have changed the affected member's username to match display name and have disabled all members from changing their own display name, so this should not be an issue again  :)

Advertisement: