News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Need recomendation

Started by Buph, August 06, 2008, 12:33:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buph

Hello, I need someone recommend me a solution for Joomla 1.0.13 and SMF 1.1.4
Really, I am not sure if that I need is a bridge, because I don't want wrap the forum on Joomla. I only want share users (login, password, session) of two systems, so that for example, an user registered of smf can comment joomla articles under smf registration.

Note: I already have a module to log in SMF from Joomla, by SSI. But obviously, that only log me in smf, not in joomla.

I hope you understand me. Sorry for my english, and thank you in advance.

Kindred

wrapping is only part of the bridge... the main part is the sharing of data,

There is a bridge sort of out there... in alpha, but my suggestion is try Mambo.

Also... update to SMF 1.1.5!
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Ronny

I suggest to look for Joomla 1.5, hold an eye on this development : http://www.jfusion.org/
The Joomla community is much bigger than mambo ever will be. Each day new extensions are added by that community!
Just wait for Jfusion to connect the best Forum SMF with the best CMS Joomla. Dual login is pretty close with the Jfusion SMF-plugin ;)

Kindred

let's not get into a "mine is bigger than yours"

Mambo is where Joomla started, and mambo is where many of the 3rd party developers went back to when Joomla indicated their license stance. Mambo is re-growing itself from the gap left when Joomla forked...  but it is coming back strong.

Joomla is a good piece of software, but without an officially supported bridge, my main suggestion, if you want to run SMF with a CMS of this sort is to use Mambo.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: