Invisible members?

Started by Deprecated, August 07, 2008, 12:45:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deprecated

I have just added a demo account and new demo user group. I would prefer to hide the account from visibility of the regular members. The demo account is restricted to not post or send PMs, so if only the group would disappear from the member list it would be great.

Along the same lines, can I hide the administrator account from the member list? I normally run a moderator account myself, and use the admin account only when doing admin things.

Since both the demo account and admin account are not real people, I would like to hid them so the member  list is composed of only real people.

Is thee any way to do this? TIA! :)

bros

Hm. I can't think of a way to hide it from the member list. Look through the mods.

Deprecated

I have a separate admin account from my normal everyday account, and I think that's a good idea, security wise. It would be even better if nobody saw the account on the member list, denying hackers one more important detail necessary to hack the site.

[unplugged]

I must be going crazy, because there was a mod (on here I thought) for SuperAdmin. It made it so that userid=1 could not be deleted, etc etc. But it also allowed userid=1 to make anyone a spy - completely invisible to all other members except userid=1. This mod (wherever it may be) could possibly be tweaked to fit your needs for the "invisible membergroup".

EDIT: I found the link, but it says it is temporarily unavailable due to a bug.  :(
« Next Edit: Tomorrow at 08:34:45 PM by SunKing »   <---- « someone stole my sig... :o »

Deprecated

Yeah, I've seen that superspy mod. Thanks for responding. And I even know how you got your name, fleecing Canucks. ;)

I've decided to mod the member list function and just drop the admin out of the list. Thanks!

[unplugged]

lol@fleecing Canucks

And you're quite welcome "obsolete one"...hehehe.
« Next Edit: Tomorrow at 08:34:45 PM by SunKing »   <---- « someone stole my sig... :o »

Deprecated

Thank you! This is a software forum and I expect people to know the software term "deprecated." :)

Advertisement: