News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Do I or Don't I Upgrade from 1.1.5 to 2.0

Started by squad, August 07, 2008, 06:53:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

squad

Hi there, I am sorry if this has been asked before or I am doing this all wrong.

I have a very small forum currently 22 members, I hope once I get things going and I will get several hundred members inside the next two months.

I am currently using SMF 1.1.5, sadly though even with the wonderful help and suggestion of Rumbaar I am still having huge problems with my Calendar and linking the incorrect date in the event itself: http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=251665.0 is where I started this. I have even changed servers today to a server that uses Australian Time Zones. Add here that was a very painless operation, which was extremely wonderful :) Since the server did the transfer for me via my cPanel of my previous server.

Now since my forum is still very small and it will be a while before it is anything huge, would I be better off upgrading to SMF 2.0.

If I do upgrade would it be very dramatic and does it involve much down time.

Is there anything else I should be aware of if I was to go ahead with SMF 2.0

Thank you for any help the may be forthcoming. :)

I should add that I am far from a computer savvy person, although am learning heaps :)

NickC

SMF 2.0 is still in beta, so if, as you say, you are not very technical then I would strongly recommend you stick with the current stable release. Beta versions are not intended for production sites.

squad

Thank you NickC, I guess it's back to the drawing board with the Calendar errors :(

Advertisement: