News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Registration not possible!

Started by oasiscritter, August 07, 2008, 02:53:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oasiscritter

hey, i have a problem with my board.

I cant register there. If i click on "registration", i get the following error:

I think it´s a database problem.

So have anybody a idea, or can anybody tell me, which database-tables are required for the registration, to check them. I searched but didnt find.

thx

niko

Any mods installed?

Also Error Log should have Line and Function.
Websites: Madjoki || (2 links retracted by team, links out of date and taken over.)
Mods: SMF Arcade, Related topics, SMF Project Tools, Post History

WIP Mods: Bittorrent Tracker || SMF Wiki

oasiscritter

Only this update is installed:

SMF 1.0.13 / 1.1.5 / 2.0 b3.1 Update

I use SMF 2 beta 3

H

Does the problem occur with the default theme?

Please also check the error log as Niko^ suggested as this can often help us solve the problem quickest :)
-H
Former Support Team Lead
                              I recommend:
Namecheap (domains)
Fastmail (e-mail)
Linode (VPS)

oasiscritter

Error:
Wrong value type sent to the database. Array of integers expected.
Function: create_control_verification

Line: 1484

1464:  }
1465: else
1466: {
1467: // Same questions as before.
1468:  $questionIDs = !empty($_SESSION[$verificationOptions['id'] . '_vv']['q']) ? $_SESSION[$verificationOptions['id'] . '_vv']['q'] : array();
1469: $thisVerification['text_value'] = !empty($_REQUEST[$verificationOptions['id'] . '_vv']['code']) ? $smcFunc['htmlspecialchars']($_REQUEST[$verificationOptions['id'] . '_vv']['code']) : '';
1470: }
1471:
1472: // Have we got some questions to load?
1473: if (!empty($questionIDs))
1474: {
1475: $request = $smcFunc['db_query']('', '
1476: SELECT id_comment, body AS question
1477: FROM {db_prefix}log_comments
1478: WHERE comment_type = {string:ver_test}
1479: AND id_comment IN ({array_int:comment_ids})',
1480: array(
1481: 'ver_test' => 'ver_test',
1482: 'comment_ids' => $questionIDs,
1483: )
==>1484: );
1485: $_SESSION[$verificationOptions['id'] . '_vv']['q'] = array();
1486: while ($row = $smcFunc['db_fetch_assoc']($request))
1487: {
1488: $thisVerification['questions'][] = array(
1489: 'id' => $row['id_comment'],
1490: 'q' => parse_bbc($row['question']),
1491: 'is_error' => !empty($incorrectQuestions) && in_array($row['id_comment'], $incorrectQuestions),
1492: // Remember a previous submission?
1493: 'a' => isset($_REQUEST[$verificationOptions['id'] . '_vv'], $_REQUEST[$verificationOptions['id'] . '_vv']['q'], $_REQUEST[$verificationOptions['id'] . '_vv']['q'][$row['id_comment']]) ? $smcFunc['htmlspecialchars']($_REQUEST[$verificationOptions['id'] . '_vv']['q'][$row['id_comment']]) : '',

1494: );
1495: $_SESSION[$verificationOptions['id'] . '_vv']['q'][] = $row['id_comment'];
1496: }
1497:           $smcFunc['db_free_result']($request);
1498:      }
1499: 
1500: $_SESSION[$verificationOptions['id'] . '_vv']['count'] = empty($_SESSION[$verificationOptions['id'] . '_vv']['count']) ? 1 : $_SESSION[$verificationOptions['id'] . '_vv']['count'] + 1;
1501:
1502: // Return errors if we have them.
1503: if (!empty($verification_errors))
1504: return $verification_errors;

I hope it can help you to help me ;)

oasiscritter

I need help pls, have nobody a idea?

青山 素子

Have you tried this?

Quote from: H on August 08, 2008, 03:29:59 PM
Does the problem occur with the default theme?
Motoko-chan
Director, Simple Machines

Note: Unless otherwise stated, my posts are not representative of any official position or opinion of Simple Machines.

oasiscritter

H

As you have no mods installed you can try uploading clean files to the Sources/ and Themes/ directories from an install archive :)
-H
Former Support Team Lead
                              I recommend:
Namecheap (domains)
Fastmail (e-mail)
Linode (VPS)

oasiscritter

Quote from: H on August 17, 2008, 06:58:03 AM
As you have no mods installed you can try uploading clean files to the Sources/ and Themes/ directories from an install archive :)

Sry but i dont understand, can you pls explain me that?

thx

SwapsRulez

Download the SMF 2.0 Beta 3 Package. Extract it to a folder. Upload all the files and folders from Sources & Themes directories to your ftp replacing your old files. This will make your board to have clean files from the source without any errors.

H wants to say this. If you need any more help to describe in more details, ask here. :)
Project-BB.org : Educational Forum For Engineering, Diploma & Technical Students

The Engineering, Diploma & All technical students lounge for Free Projects, Seminars, Syllabus, Question Papers, College Assignments, Placement Papers, E-Books, Company Information & other technical stuffs.

oasiscritter

ok, but as i said i have the update beta3.1 instaled. Should i upload the files from the new full installation-package which is 3.1 including or the old beta3, from what i installed my board?

thx

H

Just the Sources/ and Themes/ files from the 3.1 install archive :)
-H
Former Support Team Lead
                              I recommend:
Namecheap (domains)
Fastmail (e-mail)
Linode (VPS)

oasiscritter

I did it but i get the same error as before, equal what theme i use.

The only explanation is that the problem is in the database. I think the forum was previously in a other directory but I did it to another folder and have changed the links in the database. Could it be that I've forgotten change a link? I am also not sure whether I do it with this board or with my previous one.

MfG

SwapsRulez

Which links you've changed in your database ? Have you moved your forum from one directory to another directory ? Have you applied repair_settings.php after moving your forum ?

AFAIK, the forum path is stored in the settings.php and not in the database. :)

Also, have your installed pretty URL's ?
Project-BB.org : Educational Forum For Engineering, Diploma & Technical Students

The Engineering, Diploma & All technical students lounge for Free Projects, Seminars, Syllabus, Question Papers, College Assignments, Placement Papers, E-Books, Company Information & other technical stuffs.

oasiscritter

1. I changed in :

smf_settings:
attachmentUploadDir
smileys_dir
smileys_url

2. Yes, i think so

3. I cant find the file "repair_settings.php"

4. What do you mean with "pretty Url´s"?

Sorry im from Germany and I cant understand the colloquial language^^

thx for your help

青山 素子

Quote from: oasiscritter on August 19, 2008, 10:57:00 AM
3. I cant find the file "repair_settings.php"

It's on this site, under the downloads area in the tools section. It doesn't come with SMF directly. This script is made to ensure all the important settings get changed.

Quote from: oasiscritter on August 19, 2008, 10:57:00 AM
4. What do you mean with "pretty Url´s"?

It's the name of a modification for SMF. If you were using it, you would probably recognize the name.
Motoko-chan
Director, Simple Machines

Note: Unless otherwise stated, my posts are not representative of any official position or opinion of Simple Machines.

oasiscritter

ok, i used the repair_setting.php and used always the recommended options, but i also not work =(

and i dont have installed "pretty_urls", should I?

thx

oasiscritter

I installed the forum new, but on the same DB, so i used the old tables but that havent any effekt =(

Rumbaar

The current public Repair Settings tool is only for 1.1.x.

Try the file I've attached in this thread:
Moving smf2.x between servers (localhost - domain)
"An important reward for a job well done is a personal sense of worthwhile achievement."

[ Themes ]

Advertisement: