Registration not possible!

Started by oasiscritter, August 07, 2008, 02:53:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oasiscritter

hmm, your tool dind´t work, but...

1. i installed the board comlete new and everything work fine now.

2. I need to copy only some tables of my old forum to my new one. But i cant find the content of my old topics. The Board shows only that there was any topics, if i enter i cant find them. What table includes the content of the topics?
And what sense have the table "sessions"?

3. The following tables im unsure to copy:
themes
settings
session
scheduled_tasks

4. How can i copy and rename some tables to make a live-backup of them?

Im very near to handle this, i need help pls

thx

oasiscritter

I can enter registration now,  only the images dont was shown. I mean the images which you have to enter to comlete the registartion.

Type the letters shown in the picture

Rumbaar

When you say you installed again completely from fresh did the registration work then correctly on a blank install?
"An important reward for a job well done is a personal sense of worthwhile achievement."

[ Themes ]

oasiscritter

Quote from: Rumbaar on September 05, 2008, 06:00:39 PM
When you say you installed again completely from fresh did the registration work then correctly on a blank install?

Well, i dont tested it, i have to install it again to test this, because i deleted replaced some tables of the new forum. But i havent replaced a table, which you can say that this have any effekt about the registration images. Can you tell me pls, where the images are saved on the webspace, or are they read from "simplemachines"?. Im very noob on this thing.

thx

Rumbaar

I'm not sure what you mean be replaced a table, if you've mixed and matched table from different databases then you can/will run into issues.

All images are stored locally.  The registration image is generated on the fly based on random letters, background image and fonts stored in your default theme folder.  Index.{language}.php has a baring on it's generation as well.
"An important reward for a job well done is a personal sense of worthwhile achievement."

[ Themes ]

oasiscritter

I made the following things:

I had the old tables from my old forum, which was full of topics and posts.
And i had the new one, which was empty.

Now i deleted for example the "boards-table" from the empty forum and renamed the "boards-table" from the old forum in the new ones name!

I made this with every table i needed, only settings, sessions and themes i was unsure.

Now the new Forum was filled, and like my old one, also i can enter registration now, which i cant before. Only the reg-images are empty

thx

Rumbaar

Well it would have been to import the whole 'old' db, than work with limited tables from the old one.  But if it's worked for you, then that's great.

As for images you might have to run repair_settings.php to make sure all paths are correct.  Or check to make sure the images are actually on your server.  What happens when you try to access them directly, or right-click and choose properties for their path.

[ Themes ]

oasiscritter

Quote from: Rumbaar on September 06, 2008, 09:19:53 PM
Or check to make sure the images are actually on your server.  What happens when you try to access them directly, or right-click and choose properties for their path.

Yes i would Check this, but i dont know their Path
QuoteThe registration image is generated on the fly based on random letters

I understood it, but where are the images stored?

OMG, it work on the default theme only the "su-theme" isnt working. But i can remember that it worked with it, too. Do you have any idea?

thx

Rumbaar

Is that theme fully compatible with SMF 2.x series?

[ Themes ]

Rumbaar

Okay have you made any changes to the templates?  Or if installed certain mods, have you made the manual changes to that theme to make sure it's got all required code.

But 'we' are not sure if it ever worked?  But the fact the default works, indicates and issue somewhere with the theme.  Does it work in other themes (Babylon)?

[ Themes ]

oasiscritter

Quote from: Rumbaar on September 07, 2008, 06:11:55 PM
Okay have you made any changes to the templates?  Or if installed certain mods, have you made the manual changes to that theme to make sure it's got all required code.

But 'we' are not sure if it ever worked?  But the fact the default works, indicates and issue somewhere with the theme.  Does it work in other themes (Babylon)?

Yes it works in all standard-themes:
classic
babylon

And i havent any mod installed.

oasiscritter

Now i know what the problem was. The "settings-table" was the problem, if i replace it, i get the same error as before.

Could i delete another "Admin-Account" just from the database, because during the forum it´s not allowed?

Another problem is that, the old topics are always shown as new topics, equal if i enter them or not. So i forgot to replace the table which include this option and i dont know what table it is.

thx

Rumbaar

Well you can try deleting that theme and re-installing it?

I don't understand what you mean or trying to do by wanting to delete an Admin account?  That wont affect settings.

[ Themes ]

oasiscritter

Quote from: Rumbaar on September 08, 2008, 08:54:50 AM
Well you can try deleting that theme and re-installing it?

I don't understand what you mean or trying to do by wanting to delete an Admin account?  That wont affect settings.

I reinstalled it, but it dont work, i use classic now, it´s good aswell.

The Administration-Account is another question incidentally, in another contex.

thx

Rumbaar

Well it looks like an issue with that theme then, and I'd take it up with the author or try the support/comment thread.  Other might having similar issue and/or have solutions.

You don't have to delete Admin accounts, just take away Admin membergroup and they'll be normal users.

Now the nature of how you've done the mixing and merging of two databases I'm not sure what to suggest.

[ Themes ]

oasiscritter

Well, it works fine now, only the language settings of the board will reset every login, but thx for your help. I made this because i had to do this. Before that i installed the forum a few times and filled it with every topics and settings. Then i got every time another problem with the board. And so i reinstalled and fullfilled it with everything, so i got crazy. Now i am a bit wiser than before. I know now that i had only to replace the settings-table^^. And i know more now about the working between the Board and the database.

thx

Rumbaar

Well if the language 'resets' each login, you need to change that in the accounts language settings.  Probably doesn't mate the forum wide language settings.  Or just disable everyone's ability to set their own language will fix it as well.

[ Themes ]

oasiscritter

thx, in my profile the setting was "english"^^

Rumbaar

Do you have English and English-utf8 installed?  But did that fix your issue?

[ Themes ]

Advertisement: