how do I Give individual users write access to just one forum without ....

Started by androidhelpersdotcom, August 29, 2010, 02:15:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

androidhelpersdotcom

how do I Give individual users write access to just one forum without making them a forum moderator? I have the forum marked as Reply only, and I use it for a home page "blog" as well. I want to give certain people the ability to post in that forum, but without giving them moderator access. Is this possible?
Using 2.0 RC3, Glassy Curve Theme

Oranos

Create a new member group based off of regular member. Place all of the people you want to be able to post in that group. Now go to Admin > Members > Permissions... > Edit Profiles

Now under New Profile name a new profile something like Reply Only 2 or something like that. The for Copy Permissions From chose Reply Only. You should then see your new profile in the list above, click on it. Now modify the group you created when we started, and give them permission to post new topics. Click save. Now go to modify boards, and modify the board you want these people to post in. Under permission profile, set it to the profile you created earlier (Reply Only 2 or w\e) and then click save and there you have it.

androidhelpersdotcom

Using 2.0 RC3, Glassy Curve Theme

Advertisement: