News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Subs-Db-mysql.php on line 145

Started by RED-DOG, August 09, 2008, 11:41:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RED-DOG

I deleted the SMF 1.1.5 version and decided to give the beta a go to see if that would work.
I go to install it and get this error

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: mysql_real_escape_string() in  Subs-Db-mysql.php on line 145

what does this mean? Do I have to write something there? Or am I missing a setting?

aldo

Did you just replace all the 1.1.5 files with the 2.0 files without running an upgrade or something? Because you need to run an upgrader from SMF 1.1.x to go to SMF 2.0 successfully... Which would require you to download this

RED-DOG

I DELETED SMF 1.1.5 from website. THAT MEANS ALL FILES. Then I downloaded the beta zip file. Unzipped it and ftp'd it to my site.
I hit install and inputted all the required info. When I hit proceed I get that error.

How do I upgrade my PHP on my website? I want latest version. The one I have now is old but still meets requirements to run smf.

Is there some setting in my browser that would not allow me to log into my admin account on the forum?

I can log in as user fine but when I clcik admin button and put in my password (correctly) it just goes blank (the input area) asking for password again.

That's in 1.1.5 version.

Compuart

Quote from: RED-DOG on August 09, 2008, 03:14:29 PMHow do I upgrade my PHP on my website? I want latest version. The one I have now is old but still meets requirements to run smf.
You should still be able to run SMF 2.0 with your version of PHP. Try adding to Subs-Compat.php:

Code (Subs-Compat.php) Select

if (!function_exists('mysql_real_escape_string'))
{
function mysql_real_escape_string($string, $connection = null)
{
return mysql_escape_string($string);
}
}

before:

?>
Hendrik Jan Visser
Former Lead Developer & Co-founder www.simplemachines.org
Personal Signature:
Realitynet.nl -> ExpeditieRobinson.net / PekingExpress.org / WieIsDeMol.Com

Advertisement: