News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Themes & Mods

Started by riker, August 10, 2008, 10:09:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

riker

Todate while trying out SMF 2.0 I have not been able to get a mod working with any themes I've installed.  I'm just wondering if this is correct because I'm sure I read somwhere that they should work with SMF 2.0

mike_sw

I remember reading that the themes and mods from the 1.x version shouldn't work on SMF 2  :P .
I think you need to check if your mods have versions specifically for smf 2.

riker

Quote from: mike_sw on August 10, 2008, 10:59:04 AM
I remember reading that the themes and mods from the 1.x version shouldn't work on SMF 2  :P .
I think you need to check if your mods have versions specifically for smf 2.

I've used SMF 2.0 beta 3.1 mods and they've only installed on the default scheme like the AD Management

mike_sw

The only mod I've tried so far is the advanced reputation mod and it did what it should do on the default theme. Maybe it's a specific mod problem?

riker

Quote from: mike_sw on August 10, 2008, 11:43:55 AM
The only mod I've tried so far is the advanced reputation mod and it did what it should do on the default theme. Maybe it's a specific mod problem?
Shoutbox mod only installed on the default too

Fustrate

When installing a mod, you have to click the + mark next to (something like) "Install in Additional Themes". You should then check the boxes next to each theme name, and it'll install into each when you click Install.
Steven Hoffman
Former Team Member, 2009-2012

riker

Quote from: YodaOfDarkness on August 12, 2008, 01:21:01 PM
When installing a mod, you have to click the + mark next to (something like) "Install in Additional Themes". You should then check the boxes next to each theme name, and it'll install into each when you click Install.

Thanks I'll give that a shot

karlbenson

In SMF 2.x you can select to *attempt to install mods on all themes.
However if the theme differs from the smf default core theme where that particular edit is made, then it won't be able to fully install.
So manual edits may still be required.

The likelyhood of them working with babylon/classic is unlikely for the files they contain as they are more table based.
So themes based on smf default core theme are more likely to work (depending to what extent they differ).

With the next beta, the templates are moving towards semantic (meaning more css, and tables only for tabular data like the topics listing on the messageindex).  Which means you'll be able to get more themes which are css-changes only.

Advertisement: