[Theme] Simplicity (SMF v1.0.5 - 1.1RC2)

Started by bloc, January 23, 2005, 12:40:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

richardz

there is no button....it's displayed by text under a topic and in the leftbar

Tripp

Really?  In the images section there is a reply.gif that seems like would be displayed next to the quote.gif, modify.gif and etc. 

richardz

hmm....didn't look overthere, i'm using Dutch langauge, sow therefor i've overlooked and not used it... so sorry, can't help you in this one  :-\

FBI

Try go to Admin Section, Current Theme, fin1d and un-check Show buttons as images instead of text

Tripp

Ok, that just removed the others looking like buttons so now they all look the same.  I'm fine with that. Thanks.

JohnS

8: Undefined index: attach_lose
File: /usr/home/cwaas01/public_html/cwaassmf/Themes/simplicity/languages/Post.english.php (eval?)
Line: 616

Was this ever resolved, I have cured it by adding the following line to ........./Themes/simplicity/languages/index.english.php around line 468
$txt['attach_lose'] = 'lost'

Though I am not sure what this does I assume it is a message that is presented at some point, it is used at line 616 of ..../Themes/simplicity/Post.template.php.

I also have an issue with register and logout in Firefox (though OK in IE) when using Simplicity I can not register (the register button does not illuminate after all the fields and the I Agree are completed), also after I have logged in I can not log out and am kept logged in when using Firefox. Attempts to log out just return you to the main page still logged in. There are no corresponding entries in the board logfile. Again if I switch back to Babylon all is OK in both Firefox and IE. Is this a known issue and is there a resolution?

Any light that could be shone on these issues would be gratefully received. Thanks

UPDATE I just cured the Firefox issue, not sure if it is a permanent cure though. It seems Firefox gets confused if you were permanently logged in to the board BEFORE you updated to RC3. If you clear the cookies in Firefox all goes back to OK.

destalk

I have had that Firefox registration issue in the past. I had to revert to a previous version of the registration template.

Just waiting for the 1.1 Final version of Simplicity now. ;)

Miraenda

destalk

If you go to tinyportal.org, there appears to be a final 1.1 version there to download. Not sure why it isn't posted here. I haven't installed it yet.

Miraenda

Thanks destalk, I hadn't checked there for it yet. :)

bloc

Its not official. I haven't updated it yet.

destalk

Ah OK. Thanks Bloc.

Any ETA for us Simplicity fanatics? ;)

Orien Wu

Looking forward to the 1.1 final version. :)

Tripp

Sorry if this has been asked before. Does anyone know the code I need to add (and where to add it) if I want the front page (where the last entries are listed) to also show the last user who posted?

FBI

The Latest 1.1 RC3 version is good. I am using it for My Forum SMF 1.1.1
- Fixing Admin Panel Coloumn
- Also, adding link for Convert the database and data to UTF-8 (Maintenance Panel)

Thanks Bloc :)

destalk

I did a test install with the 1.1 final 'unofficial' version at tinyportal here; http://www.tinyportal.net/index.php?action=tpmod;dl=item638

It seems to work fine, but I'd rather wait for Bloc's official update. I don't want to keep having to upgrade.

destalk

Hmmm. And it does give these errors each time any mpage is loaded...

8: Undefined index: forum_width_middle
File: /home/user/public_html/forums/Themes/simplicity11/languages/Modifications.english.php (eval?)
Line: 78

TTP

hello ,

i'm new here but i have some problem,anyone can help me to resolve this;

when i try to post or reply i receive this error message:
Template Parse Error!
There was a problem loading the /Themes/simplicity11rc3/Display.template.php template or language file. Please check the syntax and try again - remember, single quotes (') often have to be escaped with a slash (\). To see more specific error information from PHP, try accessing the file directly.

You may want to try to refresh this page or use the default theme.

Parse error: parse error, unexpected '>' in .../Themes/simplicity11rc3/Display.template.php on line 67

58:                                                 <a href="', $scripturl, '?action=editpoll;topic=', $context['current_topic'], '.', $context['start'], '">', $txt['smf39'], '</a>';
59:                          echo '<br />';
60:                          echo $context['allow_poll_view'] ? '<b>' . $txt['smf24'] . ': ' . $context['poll']['total_votes'] . '</b>' : '', '<br />';
61:                 }
62:                 // They are allowed to vote!  Go to it!
63:                 else
64:                 {
65:                         echo '
66:          <form action="', $scripturl, '?action=vote;topic=', $context['current_topic'], '.', $context['start'], ';poll=', $context['poll']['id'], '" method="post" accept-charset="', $context['character_set'], '" style="margin: 0px;">

67:                         echo '<br />';

68:                         // Show a warning if they are allowed more than one option.
69:                         if ($context['poll']['allowed_warning'])
70:                                 echo '
71:                                                        <b> ', $context['poll']['allowed_warning'], '</b><br /><br /> ';

Current SMF version: SMF 1.1.2

Thank you
<a href="hxxp:www.talkthepoint.com/ [nonactive]" target="_blank">TalkThePoint.com</a>

TTP

here again,

when i try to make new post i receive the following error

Template Parse Error!
There was a problem loading the /Themes/simplicity11rc3/Post.template.php template or language file. Please check the syntax and try again - remember, single quotes (') often have to be escaped with a slash (\). To see more specific error information from PHP, try accessing the file directly.

You may want to try to refresh this page or use the default theme.

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting ',' or ';' in .../Themes/simplicity11rc3/Post.template.php on line 246
<a href="hxxp:www.talkthepoint.com/ [nonactive]" target="_blank">TalkThePoint.com</a>

JohnS

TTP,
I posted about these errors back in October last year.

Themes/simplicity11rc3/Display.template.php
The first one is actually in line 66 and the '; is missing from the end of that line, just add it. Note that is an apostrophe followed by a semicolon.

Themes/simplicity11rc3/Post.template.php on line 246
The other error at line 246 is actually a combination of a missing '; from line 244 and you have to remove the ' from it's in line 246.

Not sure how these errors got there unless there is a faulty file when you download.

Although these corrections work with RC3 which I still use as Simplicity has not yet been udated for 1.1.2 as far as I know, though there seem to be unofficial versions around.

Advertisement: