News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

[Theme] Simplicity (SMF v1.0.5 - 1.1RC2)

Started by bloc, January 23, 2005, 12:40:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lissi

I use the simplicity theme (with a little modification ;)) on my forum and we all love it. The recent posts is great for us, having moved from an email list.   8)

I would like to get the upcoming calendar events to show in one of the side bars. Is there an easy bit of code I can drop into one of the slots, or will I need to update the template?

destalk

Quote from: Bloc on July 15, 2006, 05:23:35 AM
It is indeed interesting..I need to go check it out. If not for Simplicity maybe for another theme idea. ;)

Hmmm. I wait with baited breath.  ;)

RoseAnn

I am having the same registration template error but I dont have access to the older file--can someone tell me what I need to change.  It says the error is on line 42

42: <form action="', $scripturl, '?action=register2" method="post" name="creator" id="creator" onsubmit="return verifyAgree();">

Any help is greatly appreciated!!  I love the theme!

destalk

RoseAnn

I simply downloaded the beta3 template, which works OK. You could probably try the RC1 template. Not sure if Bloc has had a chance to look into this yet, he's a busy man.

RoseAnn

Thanks destalk the RC1 template did the trick!

Tripp

I love this theme.  But I do have a question.  I am running 1.0.8 and I was wondering if there was a way to add the datestamp when you click within the forum listings like it shows up on Recent Posts?  Right now the dates for the last post aren't showing up.

Thanks.

RoseAnn

OK I just upgraded to RC3 and Simplicity doesn't work with it  :(  It doesn't work with the new registration process.  This is my FAVORITE theme!!  Bloc we need this for RC3!!!!

destalk

RoseAnn, the RC2 version also had an issue with the registration process. Some people had success by using the RC1 version of the registration template (see a few posts back).

At your own risk of course.

EDIT

Ah, I see that was you.  :-[

Did the old version of the template not work for RC 3?

RoseAnn

No it didnt...RC3 adds that security code to register and its not supported I guess  >:(

destalk

Ouch! I guess we will have to wait for Bloc to find the time to update this. I know he's just released a major update to TinyPortal. I don't know if that means he's any less busy or more so. ;)

destalk

BTW. Does anyone know if this is the largest thread on these forums?

Says something about the popularity of this theme. :)

bloc

It does mean I am free for a while lol :). I aim to update all themes to 1.1RC3 now.

RoseAnn

THANKS BLOC!!!  I can't tell you how happy that makes me!  I love this theme and I want it BACK!!  Can Simplicity be your first one updated  :D  ;)

FBI

Cool.
I am one of the loyal user of this theme :)
Bloc made it, good.
Just check my forum here..
Now using SMF 1.1 RC3.

RoseAnn

Just thought I'd let you know....I seemed to have found a way to use this on RC3!!  In the default theme I first went to the registration settings and disabled the visual verification on registration.  Then I reinstalled Smilicity using the RC2 package...its allowing registration and working well so far!!

richardz

I've installed this theme (1.1 RC2 ) for a new project. For a quick look see here. As you see i moved the recent topics to the rightbar. But when you click on a board in the leftbar the recent topics disappear. This also happens by clicking on a topic. Does anybody know an solution?

bloc

Thats because its set to only show in BoardIndex.template initally. By moving it you also need to move the require('SSI.php') call.

richardz

richardz

that would be the:
Quoterequire_once('SSI.php');
and has to be moved from the board index into the index.tempelate? I've tried, but it didn't work..... can you tell me where i put that?

Tripp

Quick question, I downloaded this theme but for some reason the Reply.gif button is not displayed like the others.  I don't know PHP at all, so what is the code I need to insert to make sure the Repyl button is displayed correctly?

Advertisement: