News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Splat!

Started by Smoky "Rider" Blue, August 12, 2008, 09:10:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smoky "Rider" Blue

if a theme has a language folder with the modifications."english".php (or what flavor of language you are using, it will be needed to add to the file..  ;)

not sure what you are having to "hardcode" but the theme will run fine if you do the edits right..  :P
**Take the time to remember friendships and family.. Sometimes it's all we have, and missed very much**

KahneFan

I did a normal install (through admin) and then also did the manual edit of the splat/languages/Modifications.english.php, but the text did not show where it was needed. So, I had to replace the call for that text with the actual text. For example...

Regbar mod has this bit...
      if($context['user']['is_guest'] && $context['current_action'] != 'register')
         echo '<div id="infobar"><a href="' . $scripturl . '?action=register"><p>' . $txt['regbar_text'] . '</p></a></div>';

Which calls to: (from language file)
$txt['regbar_text'] = 'It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...';

Even with the line above being placed in the default template and then me manually placing it in the Splat template, it would not show the above text where it was called for, so I had to replace the call for the text with the actual text, like this...
         if($context['user']['is_guest'] && $context['current_action'] != 'register')
         echo '<div id="infobar"><a href="' . $scripturl . '?action=register"><p> It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ... </p></a></div>';

BTW, thanks for your help with all of this :D
#eric_on_twit| (video) Creating Themes for SMF | Reset Your Forum
NOTE: No PM's for support please.

KahneFan

Just as an update, I just tried to install the trader rating system which is a rather large mod. I used the manual install instructions and, again, the text is not showing up for some reason  :(

Smoky "Rider" Blue

did you install the mod to the site and then do the edits needed for the theme KahneFan? :o

**Take the time to remember friendships and family.. Sometimes it's all we have, and missed very much**

KahneFan

Smoky "Rider" Blue

any error messages in the admin log area??

i havent looked at the theme lately and probably wont get a chance to till next weekend.. but if you still need help after that, just post, pm me or tag me on my site..

i will try to check in with you tho.. i know you want to get the theme going for your site..  :)

Smoky "Rider" Blue

after looking at the .sql file you sent me, KahneFan..

i dont think you have the edits right.. there is a lot of  errors dealing with

8: Undefined index:  karma_add_to',

'8: Undefined index:  regbar_text',

'8: Undefined index:  inlinedimages',

8: Undefined index:  smftrader_admin',

you might want to read this:

http://docs.simplemachines.org/index.php?topic=402.msg4230#msg4230

as i do not have the time to fix the errors on your site..

check and see if your default theme is error free, and run the maintance in the back.. if it is, then you need to go thru the theme files and double check your coding on it.. i do know i have had over 20 mods working with that theme error free... so it is possible..  ;)

KahneFan

Smoky "Rider" Blue

no biggie KahneFan..

and i will be keeping up with you  :)

Ferkel

Hi, SmokyBlue and All!
Guys, could you, please, help me?
I have one question about Splat theme.

I have NO attachment preview in post, when using this theme.
In admin panel I have checked box for preview and it's works fine in other themes.
That's how it looks in DEFAULT theme:

And how it looks in SPLAT theme:

Is it possible to make preview?

Thank you!

Smoky "Rider" Blue

this is a free theme, and if you wish to use it, go for it.. if you want to tinker with it, that is fine too.. ;)

Ferkel

Quote from: SmokyBlue on January 16, 2009, 10:15:22 AM
this is a free theme, and if you wish to use it, go for it.. if you want to tinker with it, that is fine too.. ;)
thanks for reply, SmokyBlue.
but I'm newbie in PHP and, unfortunately, have no idea how to make this preview. :-[ :-\
So, without yours and other assistance I can not do that. ??? :'(

Smoky "Rider" Blue

what mods do you have?

did you make the theme edits needed?

any errors in your log? if yes, use code tags.

and really, your screen shots are a bit too small to see any detail..

how about a link to your site and if you really want me to look, pm me a test admin account. will try to see what is going on myself.

Smoky "Rider" Blue

Ferkel,

i can not read russian. i am sorry, but perhaps you can seek help on the russian boards area here..  ;)

Advertisement: