Splat!

Started by Smoky "Rider" Blue, August 12, 2008, 09:10:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smoky "Rider" Blue

Link to the theme

light weight theme with loading times of under 0.01 seconds.. easy to add to your site, and should allow for viewing for most browsers.. few custom codings and must be seen in action to appreciate..

Demo here
**Take the time to remember friendships and family.. Sometimes it's all we have, and missed very much**

Fussilet

smoky good work , nice theme my friend ;)

BuЯЯЯЯaK

Smoky "Rider" Blue

thanks Fussilet and Burak!!

Smoky has been working hard ;)
**Take the time to remember friendships and family.. Sometimes it's all we have, and missed very much**

Fussilet

your welcome smoky ( Hoş geldin) ;)

Smoky "Rider" Blue

:D  teşekkürler   arkadash    8)

Apllicmz

Nice work
good themes

Smoky "Rider" Blue

obrigado Joomlamz!!!  ;)

Crip

I have become comfortably numb!

I remember my mother's prayers and they have always followed me.
   - Abraham Lincoln -

TOTM Winner. | Demo Site1on1 Theme Support

Smoky "Rider" Blue

lol Hi Crip!!! thanks.. you guys are too kind!!  ;)

but i am attached to those peepz!! maybe i will have to play with them some more..

KahneFan

Smoky, diggen' the theme, but how/where would I change...
Mark ReadNotifyNew TopicPost new poll

To something like...
Mark Read | Notify | New Topic | Post new poll
#eric_on_twit| (video) Creating Themes for SMF | Reset Your Forum
NOTE: No PM's for support please.

Smoky "Rider" Blue

you will have to look in the display.template.php file  ;)

KahneFan

I apologize, I'm not seeing it. I've changed this on a past forum as well, but for some reason I'm don't remember what I did.

Smoky "Rider" Blue

im sorry.. try the messageindex.template file..

*note: Splat doesnt have that file, so you will need to use the default's, and modify it the way you would like..

too much coffee in the morning!!  ;)

KahneFan

At the bottom of that page I see...

function theme_show_buttons()
{
global $context, $settings, $options, $txt, $scripturl;

$buttonArray = array();

// If they are logged in, and the mark read buttons are enabled..
if ($context['user']['is_logged'] && $settings['show_mark_read'])
$buttonArray[] = '<a href="' . $scripturl . '?action=markasread;sa=board;board=' . $context['current_board'] . '.0;sesc=' . $context['session_id'] . '">' . $txt['mark_read_short'] . '</a>';

// If the user has permission to show the notification button... ask them if they're sure, though.
if ($context['can_mark_notify'])
$buttonArray[] = '<a href="' . $scripturl . '?action=notifyboard;sa=' . ($context['is_marked_notify'] ? 'off' : 'on') . ';board=' . $context['current_board'] . '.' . $context['start'] . ';sesc=' . $context['session_id'] . '" onclick="return confirm(\'' . ($context['is_marked_notify'] ? $txt['notification_disable_board'] : $txt['notification_enable_board']) . '\');">' . $txt['notify'] . '</a>';

// Are they allowed to post new topics?
if ($context['can_post_new'])
$buttonArray[] = '<a href="' . $scripturl . '?action=post;board=' . $context['current_board'] . '.0">' . $txt['new_topic'] . '</a>';

// How about new polls, can the user post those?
if ($context['can_post_poll'])
$buttonArray[] = '<a href="' . $scripturl . '?action=post;board=' . $context['current_board'] . '.0;poll">' . $txt['new_poll'] . '</a>';

return implode(' &nbsp;|&nbsp; ', $buttonArray);
}

?>

Which, as you see ends with...

return implode(' &nbsp;|&nbsp; ', $buttonArray);

Should that not already be doing what I'm looking for?

KahneFan

Smoky, as a sample of where I'm looking, look at the button set on This Page, it's all pushed together. I've looked in the page you listed above ad edited where I think it should make difference and it does not. Any help is appreciated.

Smoky "Rider" Blue

what is your current screen resolution?

the standard for most sites is still at 1024px  while only a few people are using the 800px

http://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_display.asp

i have a wide screen, 15.4 inch screen on the laptop i use the most (1024px)

and here is a screener of your theme.

now note, i am not a member of your site, so i can not see how many buttons are on it...

but to me, the theme looks fine as is. If you are wanting to do anything with the theme, you are more than welcome to do so.. if the buttons are too much, i suggest the drop down menu navigation found here:

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1508

to help you out.. i am glad that you are using my theme and i hope it will soon make you happy. if you need further help, just post..

thanks!  :)

KahneFan

Forgot you have to be a memer to see that. However, found a fix.

in splat/index.template.php

elseif (!isset($buttons[$key]) || $force_reset)
$buttons[$key] = '<a href="' . $value['url'] . '" ' .( isset($value['custom']) ? $value['custom'] : '') . '>' . $txt[$value['text']] . '</a>';

Which I changed to:

elseif (!isset($buttons[$key]) || $force_reset)
$buttons[$key] = '<a href="' . $value['url'] . '" ' .( isset($value['custom']) ? $value['custom'] : '') . '>| ' . $txt[$value['text']] . ' |</a>';

BTW, if you would like to see:
username: SMF
password: smftest

Smoky "Rider" Blue

ok i understand now..

thank you for the fix.. the next time, if i decide to upgrade the theme, i will include it..  ;)

as far as the other buttons, you look good to go..

thank you again!  :)

KahneFan

Thanks!

I do have another probably bug. Being that this is 2.0b4 theme I'm not sure if it's SMF caused or Splat caused; I've installed two mods "Are you human" and "Regbar", the text from both mods would not register on the site the normal way (reading from modifications lang file), so I had to manually hardcode the text where needed. At first I thought it was a problem with the first mod, but when it happened on a 2nd mod...

Advertisement: