News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Bridge install error

Started by CommuteX, August 12, 2008, 10:26:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CommuteX

I've searched and found the same problem that I am having.

Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/****/public_html/administrator/components/com_smf/admin.smf.php on line 152 .......which is if ($database->_resource == $db_connection)

However I have the setup exactly as the others posters were told to put it. I have the same user with the same password with all privileges attached to each database. But I am still getting the same error. I am wondering if this is a problem with the bridge or MySql . I have attached a screenshot of my cPanel MySql database page so you can see if I have it done properly. If you need any more info please let me know...And thank you for any help on this..

Orstio

From your post, it looks like your error is occurring in admin.smf.php, not in smf.php.

Lines 149-152 of the file are:

$query = mysql_query("SELECT ID_GROUP, groupName
FROM {$db_prefix}membergroups
");
while ($row = mysql_fetch_array($query))

What version of SMF?

CommuteX

I use 2.0...

:::EDIT:::

I don't know how but I missed the 2.0 bridge thread completely..Im sorry.

CommuteX

Ok Im not trying to be a pain here but I installed the correct version and it worked. But now I get this error...

Strict Standards: Non-static method mamboCore::getMamboCore() should not be called statically in /home/nugz/public_html/components/com_smf/smf.php on line 1109

Strict Standards: Non-static method mamboDatabase::getInstance() should not be called statically in /home/nugz/public_html/components/com_smf/smf.php on line 1110

Strict Standards: Non-static method mosMainFrame::getInstance() should not be called statically in /home/nugz/public_html/components/com_smf/smf.php on line 1111

I read the lines that refered to turing off cookies, SEF, and compressed output, I did that and it still show up and the forum isnt being placed in the page right.

Here is the URL to my site's forum...

hxxp:www.commutex.com/component/option,com_smf/Itemid,39/ [nonactive]

Orstio

Yes, this is a known issue with the beta bridge.

Those three lines:

$configuration =& mamboCore::getMamboCore();
$database =& mamboDatabase::getInstance();
$mainframe =& mosMainFrame::getInstance();

Can be changed to this:

global $configuration, $database, $mainframe;

Ramón Cutanda

Quote from: Orstio on August 13, 2008, 01:01:26 AM
Yes, this is a known issue with the beta bridge.

Those three lines:

$configuration =& mamboCore::getMamboCore();
$database =& mamboDatabase::getInstance();
$mainframe =& mosMainFrame::getInstance();

Can be changed to this:

global $configuration, $database, $mainframe;

Thanks!

BTW in my case I had to change lines 1109 to 1111 inside mambo/components/com_smf/smf.php

swtdivalove

I am getting this error myself.  I have attempted to correct it using the above information, but still get the error.

swtdivalove

H

-H
Former Support Team Lead
                              I recommend:
Namecheap (domains)
Fastmail (e-mail)
Linode (VPS)

Advertisement: