News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Changed host now quote/inline edit dont\' work

Started by olabaz, August 15, 2008, 10:00:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

olabaz

I changed hosts and now quote doesn't work with quick reply open and inline edit doesn't work either.  What do I need to do to fix this?

[SAP]Francis

On some hosts, those functions doesn't work well. They will just display the Loading bar for about 3 hours without doing ANYTHING. According to my experience, there is no way to fix it but disable quick reply and use the full editor.

Thanks,
Francis.

Vehicles Forum

Founded By Francis Morissette

olabaz

But I'm pretty sure it was from loading the back up and stuff.

olabaz

olabaz

SwapsRulez

I think some problem with AJAX. Try reinstalling the Quick Reply mod. Also have you repaired your board correctly with the correct paths. Any logs in error log ?
Project-BB.org : Educational Forum For Engineering, Diploma & Technical Students

The Engineering, Diploma & All technical students lounge for Free Projects, Seminars, Syllabus, Question Papers, College Assignments, Placement Papers, E-Books, Company Information & other technical stuffs.

olabaz

I don't have a quick reply mod.  Yes, I have some errors, what should I be looking for in erros?

SwapsRulez

You should post them here. I'm not expert, but someone will surely help them for finding the cause. :D
Project-BB.org : Educational Forum For Engineering, Diploma & Technical Students

The Engineering, Diploma & All technical students lounge for Free Projects, Seminars, Syllabus, Question Papers, College Assignments, Placement Papers, E-Books, Company Information & other technical stuffs.

olabaz

It's 11 pages of errors lol. I think it's that I'm missing some code or that the code isn't linked properly.  Even though I used repair_settings.php

Rumbaar

Are you use you ran the Repair Settings tool and didn't get any errors.  I'm sure that version linked is for 1.1.x and you're running 2.x.  But your forum is take a large amount of time to load so as I type this I'm hoping it will come up.

Be sure to clear out your forums cache after the move.  What is the URL you are using to access your forum?

Why is this posted in the 2.x support section?  What is the forum you are having this issue for?  Is it the one in profile?  As that is running 1.1.5.  But now that it's loaded I don't get any errors.  Is this still an issue?
"An important reward for a job well done is a personal sense of worthwhile achievement."

[ Themes ]

olabaz

Rumbaar

If this is solved/no longer an issue feel free to mark it as solved otherwise reply with some details of what isn't working.  To mark an issue solved please change the first post message icon to the 'tick' icon  or click the 'Topic Solved' button at the bottom of the thread if available.
"An important reward for a job well done is a personal sense of worthwhile achievement."

[ Themes ]

Advertisement: