News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Only want Greek to appear

Started by married-singles-com, January 11, 2009, 11:17:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

married-singles-com

Quote from: agridoc on January 08, 2009, 01:44:05 AM
Download a fresh greek-utf8 language file and by FTP replace all the files in the server.

What do you do if you only want GREEK Characters to appear?

The site will be in English but I need it to accept Greek characters

agridoc

SFM, if properly installed, will accept Greek characters and will display them correctly.

Your decision will depend on how frequently there will be Greek language messages in your SMF installation.

Copy - paste these Greek words Δοκιμή Ελληνικών. it means Trying Greek and see how it displays in a post.
  For Greek aeromodellers and our friends around the world  - Greek Button sets for SMF - Greeklish to Greek mod
Δeν αφιερώνω χρόνο για μηνύματα σε greeklish.

married-singles-com

Quote from: agridoc on January 11, 2009, 12:06:50 PM
SFM, if properly installed, will accept Greek characters and will display them correctly.

Your decision will depend on how frequently there will be Greek language messages in your SMF installation.

Copy - paste these Greek words Δοκιμή Ελληνικών. it means Trying Greek and see how it displays in a post.

Kinezika :)

I Installed smf through Fantastico, everything was automatic and easy but the Greek does not show.  To see what I mean go to hxxp:yasou.com/forums [nonactive]
I have aero79 as a template

agridoc

I see it's rather a Greek forum, so you can read a detailed guide in Greek support board, in Greek language  8), about restoring a Fanstastico installation ΠΡΟΣΟΧΗ: Εγκατάσταση με Fantastico, δεν λειτουργούν τα ελληνικά.

Fantastico does a pseudo-UTF-8 installation, and foreign languages don't work.
  For Greek aeromodellers and our friends around the world  - Greek Button sets for SMF - Greeklish to Greek mod

married-singles-com

I want to Thank you one more time for your help.

:) Also I have another question

Is there an html button on posting? I can't find it.  Also Sometimes if I put html code it does not show, it just shows the code.

Any suggestions?

agridoc

No there is no button for HTML tag, it's intended for administrators.

[html]Put your HTML code between HTML tag[/html]

Simple HTML tags can be activated from admin panel.

married-singles-com

:)

OK I know how to put the html code tag  but I care for the users.  I have turned on the html from admin and  I see every other botton but NO HTML.

Example  I see a tag for a quote or code or center or insert picture or flash etc but I cannot find the html tag. I thought it would be there with the rest but it's not.

Also If a post a topping as admin and put the html tags then it works.
If I post a topping as a user and put the tags then I see the html code.

Any suggestions?

agridoc

The HTML tag is only for administrators not for members. It's a very powerful tag, if you know what you are doing. As always, power without control is dangerous.

If a member's message is edited by an administrator by adding HTML tag and code (don't do that) it will display correctly. If edited and saved again by the member only the code will be displayed. Safety measures.

With [HTML] Permission Mod you can give permission to a trusted group to use the HTML tag. Useful but also a possible hole for hackers.

married-singles-com

WOW You are a amster of your domain :)  Thank you again.

So far all my questions have been answered, for sure I'll have more :)

Now I need to set registration sowhen a user signs up I want them to be a real person and not a bot.

Efxaristw 3ana kai 3ana file.

agridoc

I am glad it helped. However it's off topic in this board and topic.

Advertisement: