News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

CNT TYPE IN HINDI IN MY FORUM PLS HELP ME PLSSSSSSS

Started by tipsykool, March 13, 2009, 09:27:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tipsykool

DEAR MEMBERS
GUD EVE
THIS IS ANIL FROM INDIA, IM USING THIS SMF 1.8 FOR LAST 15 DAYS AND NOW IM FACEING A BIG TROUBLE AS IM FROM INDIA AND IM USING THIS FORUM FOR DEVOTIONAL PERPOSE , NOW IN INDIA SOME KNOW HINDI LENGUAGE AND THATS WHY I WNNA TYPE IN HINDI ALSO AS WELL AS IN ENGLISH , BUT I TRY MY LEVEL BEST BUT I CNT TYPE OR PAST IN HINDI AS WHEN I TYPE IN HINDI OR COPY PAST SOME HINDI POEMS THERE AFTR POSTING MY POST IT CONVERT IN ??????????????????????????????? THIS TYPE OF SYMBOL
I DONT KNW WHY IT HAPPEND , PLS LET ME KNW HOW I CAN TYPE IN HINDI AS WELL AS ENGLISH BOTH IN MY FORUM
PLS HELP ME
GOD BLESS U
ANIL

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

First you need to turn off Caps Lock.
Second you shouldn't make duplicate threads on the same issue ( http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=298813.msg1973891#msg1973891 )

Now, it would seem like a charset problem - and I'm just guessing here, but believe you would need to be using utf-8 to use hindi...

For example look at this old thread here: http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=286489
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

illmakeyouscream

Quote from: tipsykool on March 13, 2009, 09:27:20 AM
DEAR MEMBERS
GUD EVE
THIS IS ANIL FROM INDIA, IM USING THIS SMF 1.8 FOR LAST 15 DAYS AND NOW IM FACEING A BIG TROUBLE AS IM FROM INDIA AND IM USING THIS FORUM FOR DEVOTIONAL PERPOSE , NOW IN INDIA SOME KNOW HINDI LENGUAGE AND THATS WHY I WNNA TYPE IN HINDI ALSO AS WELL AS IN ENGLISH , BUT I TRY MY LEVEL BEST BUT I CNT TYPE OR PAST IN HINDI AS WHEN I TYPE IN HINDI OR COPY PAST SOME HINDI POEMS THERE AFTR POSTING MY POST IT CONVERT IN ??????????????????????????????? THIS TYPE OF SYMBOL
I DONT KNW WHY IT HAPPEND , PLS LET ME KNW HOW I CAN TYPE IN HINDI AS WELL AS ENGLISH BOTH IN MY FORUM
PLS HELP ME
GOD BLESS U
ANIL

if this is your second post please give it sometime it can take up to 24 hours for someone to help you out were all volunteers here!

tipsykool

thnx for ur reply
i already convert my html to utf 8 but the result is the same i cnt type there in hindi
now wht i have to do
pls let me knw
anil

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Are you using an utf-8 language pack on the forum as well?
And is your browser using utf-8 or automatically detecting the charset?
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

tipsykool

sir
im new in this field and i dont knw much abut this so pls help me
some one told me to click on admin first
then go to servr setting and then there u can manually change ur lenguage
i used there english
then i go to forum maintance section and then there was a option that convert html file in utf8
i change that there
but now the result is same
i cnt type in hindi or paste anything in hindi

i wnt my all buttons shows in english thats why i use english "in server setting section ,
now wht i will do
pls let me knw as im a frasher  and dont knw much
pls help me
god bless u
anil

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Quote from: tipsykool on March 13, 2009, 09:52:54 AM
i wnt my all buttons shows in english thats why i use english "in server setting section ,
Ok, sorry to say this is not too familiar territory for me either,
but if you are using english - you might want to download the language pack for english utf-8 and start using that, and see if things get any better... It's worth a try, ain't it? :)
Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

tipsykool

sir
i have eng utf 8 in my server setting also and i already change that also
but the result is same
now wht n

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Hmm... Could you link to a post that has the mentioned problem?
Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

tipsykool

hxxp:www.saibabadwarkamai.com/forum [nonactive]
here is the link now u can type here in hindi and u see the result
thnx
anil

tipsykool

sir
r u the one who is from russia
now can u help me sir
anil

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

I'm so sorry - but I have to leave you hanging now... Have to be elsewhere at the moment. Hopefully someone else can help you further while I'm away.
Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Ok, took a look at your site - and it seems to be using UTF-8 correctly, and all text I found looked ok, but could not find an example of the problem you described - if you still have a post that is not displaying correctly, could link directly to it?

EDIT On a side note: you seem to be missing some rank-images, such as /forum/ranks/stargmod.gif
Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

Advertisement: