News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

[SMF Converter] MyBB 1.4

Started by ThorstenE, August 17, 2008, 02:58:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThorstenE

Software: MyBB
Version: 1.4

This is the official support topic for MyBB 1.4 converter.  Use this topic to ask for support for this converter.

Note: This was tested on MyBB 1.4, but should in theory work on newer versions of MyBB if the database changes have not been to great.

Changelog

convert.php
Use this convert.php with the .sql file attached in this topic.

osgeld

whenever i try and convert i get this error message

Converting members... Successful.
Converting categories... Successful.
Converting boards... Successful.
Converting topics... Unsuccessful!
This query:

SELECT
    t.tid AS ID_TOPIC, t.fid AS ID_BOARD, t.sticky AS isSticky,
    t.poll AS ID_POLL, t.views AS numViews, t.uid AS ID_MEMBER_STARTED,
    ul.uid AS ID_MEMBER_UPDATED, t.replies AS numReplies, t.closed AS locked,
    MIN(p.pid) AS ID_FIRST_MSG, MAX(p.pid) AS ID_LAST_MSG
    FROM (`irshello_irshell`.mybb_threads AS t, `irshello_irshell`.mybb_posts AS p)
    LEFT JOIN `irshello_irshell`.mybb_users AS ul ON (BINARY ul.username = t.lastposter)
    WHERE p.tid = t.tid
    GROUP BY t.tid
    HAVING ID_FIRST_MSG != 0
    AND ID_LAST_MSG != 0
    LIMIT 0, 500;

Caused the error:

Server shutdown in progress

and i had the same issue when going from mybb 1.2 to smf earlier on (different site), which was resolved

urgency is expressed since mybb decided to die and the site is down

thanks!

SleePy

Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

osgeld

Sorry, the database connection information used in the specified installation of SMF cannot access the installation of MyBulletinBoard 1.0. This may either mean that the installation doesn't exist, or that the MySQL account used does not have permissions to access it.

The error MySQL gave was: SELECT command denied to user 'irshello_irsrobo'@'localhost' for table 'users'

this is what i get with that file (hi btw) ... this is a 1.14 site

dezzy94

Quote from: osgeld on September 22, 2008, 08:39:35 PM
whenever i try and convert i get this error message

Converting members... Successful.
Converting categories... Successful.
Converting boards... Successful.
Converting topics... Unsuccessful!
This query:

SELECT
    t.tid AS ID_TOPIC, t.fid AS ID_BOARD, t.sticky AS isSticky,
    t.poll AS ID_POLL, t.views AS numViews, t.uid AS ID_MEMBER_STARTED,
    ul.uid AS ID_MEMBER_UPDATED, t.replies AS numReplies, t.closed AS locked,
    MIN(p.pid) AS ID_FIRST_MSG, MAX(p.pid) AS ID_LAST_MSG
    FROM (`irshello_irshell`.mybb_threads AS t, `irshello_irshell`.mybb_posts AS p)
    LEFT JOIN `irshello_irshell`.mybb_users AS ul ON (BINARY ul.username = t.lastposter)
    WHERE p.tid = t.tid
    GROUP BY t.tid
    HAVING ID_FIRST_MSG != 0
    AND ID_LAST_MSG != 0
    LIMIT 0, 500;

Caused the error:

Server shutdown in progress

and i had the same issue when going from mybb 1.2 to smf earlier on (different site), which was resolved

urgency is expressed since mybb decided to die and the site is down

thanks!

I have the same issue when trying to convert from MyBB 1.4 to SMF

SleePy

osgeld,
Common conversion errors.

dezzy94,

Try the file I attached above in my previous post. It doesn't have the BINARY in the query that sometimes causes this.
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

Drift

Do they both work or just the second one?

ThorstenE

the mybb14_to_smf.sql from the first post of this topic should work fine.

Eldron

Hi...

Can you please tell me step by step on how to convert it? I'm not used to these stuff...

Eldron

Yes I tried that page....

I only don't know in which folder to upload the SQL files and Convert.php file to, either SMF folder or MyBB. If in MyBB, in which folder? in the MyBB root? if SMF, which?

ThorstenE

I personally prefer the SMF folder but they should work from any folder..

tempo

if i convert from myBB to SMF the original data on mybb remain the same or deleted?

ThorstenE

the mybb content will be copied to your SMF. MyBB will not be modified or deleted. You only need to install SMF to a different directory ..

foxxx428

A little problem here. I upgraded to 1.1.7 and everything was great except everyone who used IE got an error on every page load. I upgraded to 2.0 and it was gone, but nobody could log in.

ThorstenE

Quote from: foxxx428 on December 28, 2008, 08:23:43 PM
A little problem here. I upgraded to 1.1.7 and everything was great except everyone who used IE got an error on every page load. I upgraded to 2.0 and it was gone, but nobody could log in.
was your forum originally converted from myBB 1.4 ? SMF is able to read the old passwords. Any errors during login?

foxxx428

It's an odd one. I converted from MyBB 1.4.4 to SMF 1.1.7 and passwords worked. When I upgraded to the 2.0 beta it was telling people that their username or password was wrong. I've deleted it now and will try again, but I was just hoping someone had some insight for me. Okay I've just tried it again and it's saying Password incorrect to all accounts but my admin account.

ThorstenE

I need to verify this first but I think I know why the passwords are not working ..

MyBB uses a 8 Character Salt for the passwords encryption. Our converter changes the passwordSalt field in table smf_members to varchar(8) NOT NULL

the Upgrade-Script from SMF 2.0 changes this table field to password_salt. the field is reduced from 8 to 5 characters and so the salt is "destroyed".

passwordSalt password_salt varchar(5) NOT NULL

I have no time to verify this at the moment, maybe you can test this?!?
before you upgrade to 2.0 edit the upgrade_2-0_mysql.sql
and find:
'passwordSalt' => 'passwordSalt password_salt varchar(5) NOT NULL default \'\'',

replace it with:
'passwordSalt' => 'passwordSalt password_salt varchar(8) NOT NULL default \'\'',

dakuipje

Hi,

Im having some heavy problems with the converter as well. The first time it looked to go well but after the members which said unfinished a message came telling me that the converter had stopped to prevent an overloading of my server but when I would click continue it would start where it stopped. I clicked continue however this did not help, the converter did not continue at all yet ended up in an endless loading of the page untill it simple continued for ages. I check the database in phpMyAdmin yet it had the exact same values, the converter was stuck.

After cleaning the database, installing a fresh SMF I tried the converter again. This time however it didnt even do the members ! I cleaned all cookies and stuff.

In fact the endless loading caused my server to automatically go offline for a while. Now this has nothing to do with the server itself as its a pretty heavy one.

The forum im trying to convert has more then 40.000 members and around 90.000 posts. The database is about 200MB. I know this is quite heavy for a script but it should be able to handle it shouldnt it ?

Wilco

foxxx428

Quote from: TE on December 30, 2008, 02:41:17 AM
I need to verify this first but I think I know why the passwords are not working ..

MyBB uses a 8 Character Salt for the passwords encryption. Our converter changes the passwordSalt field in table smf_members to varchar(8) NOT NULL

the Upgrade-Script from SMF 2.0 changes this table field to password_salt. the field is reduced from 8 to 5 characters and so the salt is "destroyed".

passwordSalt password_salt varchar(5) NOT NULL

I have no time to verify this at the moment, maybe you can test this?!?
before you upgrade to 2.0 edit the upgrade_2-0_mysql.sql
and find:
'passwordSalt' => 'passwordSalt password_salt varchar(5) NOT NULL default \'\'',

replace it with:
'passwordSalt' => 'passwordSalt password_salt varchar(8) NOT NULL default \'\'',

Hey you're great. I'm not used to getting support for anything. It does work. Will that affect any future updates? I haven't decided on 1.1 or 2.0 for sure yet, but 2.0 seems the way to go from the testing I've done on it so far. Thank you for the fix and thank you for supporting your script! I'm impressed.

Advertisement: