in mybb14x_to_smf.sql find
---* {$to_prefix}topics
add after
---{
$ignore = true;
---}

then restart the conversion.

gaora

sorry i dont use your previous script, i'm using [Beta] Correct high ID_CAT values tools and it worked but i got this error now :

Recalculating forum statistics... Successful.
Unsuccessful!
This query:
REPLACE INTO {$to_prefix}settings (variable, value)
VALUES ("conversion_time", 1251197525),
("conversion_from", "mybb14x_to_smf.sql");
Caused the error:

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '{$to_prefix}settings (variable, value)
VALUES ("conversion_time", 1251197525)' at line 1

gaora

ask mr. google and it's a bug hehehe...

thx m8

phatuis

Hey, I get the following error:
Notice: Undefined variable: to_prefix in /home/phatuis/public_html/smf/convert.php on line 1821
Unsuccessful!
This query:
REPLACE INTO settings (variable, value)
VALUES ('conversion_time', 1257057388),
('conversion_from', 'mybb14x_to_smf.sql');
Caused the error:
No database selected

SMF: 1.1.10
MyBB: 1.4.9

Norv

Please don't worry about that particular error, it's actually a little bug in the converter to SMF 1.1.x.

All the important steps of the conversion must have completed at this point, so if there were no problems before this, then your conversion succeeded.
To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

File a security report | Developers' Blog | Bug Tracker

Also known as Norv on D* | Norv N. on G+ | Norv on Github

keldek

QuoteConverting...
Successful.
Recalculating forum statistics... Successful.
Conversion Complete
Congratulations, the conversion has completed successfully. If you have or had any problems with this converter, or need help using SMF, please feel free to look to us for support.
Now that everything is converted over, your SMF installation should have all the posts, boards, and members from the installation.

We hope you had a smooth transition!
MyBB v 1.4.9

Yet, none of my actual child boards or posts were converted.

Seems only the members were converted successfully. Any ideas?

Additionally.. when using the 'find and repair any errors' under 'forum maintenance' I get the following type errors (too long to post them all, so posting similar ones):

Topic #2 contains no (actual) messages.  (Have this one for ALL posts)

Topic #1 has the first message ID 39014, which is incorrect.
Topic #1 has the last message ID 39015, which is incorrect.
Topic #2 has the first message ID 39009, which is incorrect.
Topic #2 has the last message ID 39009, which is incorrect.
Topic #2 has the wrong number of replies, 1.
Topic #3 has the first message ID 39008, which is incorrect.
Topic #3 has the last message ID 39065, which is incorrect.
Topic #3 has the wrong number of replies, 3.

Topic #91 is in board #0, which is missing.
Topic #104 is in board #0, which is missing.
Board #9 is in category #0, which is missing.
Board #10 is in category #0, which is missing.
SAME ERROR FOR ALL BOARDS

Also, I tried both converters (the one on the downloads page as well as the one in this forum, both with the same result - in case they're different)

Norv

You were converting to SMF 1.1.10 then?
Please eventually, try using these files, just in case, and run the convert.php file as your_smf_address/convert.php?debug=1
A file convert_debug_log should be created in your SMF directory during the conversion, please attach it here if that is the case. Also, if any errors were displayed on the page during conversion please copy paste them here.
To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

keldek

Seems the conversion went through on the 3rd attempt...

I guess the "3rd time's a charm" line really is true.

Just as an aside though, there were no error messages at all during the install, aside from the one marked as a bug to be ignored (only got this error on the successful conversion). The only errors I had were those posted above.

The first conversion attempt took roughly 5 minutes, which seemed kind of fast considering the size of our board. I used 2 separate dbs for this attempt and nothing was actually imported at all. Files used were the ones from the download page.

Second attempt was with a separate db, files used were the ones in the start of this thread. Conversion took significantly longer. Members were imported fine, but no boards or posts were imported properly.

Third attempt I installed smf on the same db as mybb. Used the convert scripts from this thread. Took about 30 minutes all in all. Conversion went through properly this time so far as I can tell at the moment.

As a conclusion, I can only assume there's maybe an issue when using separate dbs. I'll look into this more over the weekend and post back with my findings.

Have a good day :)

Norv

Thank you for letting us know! I will make sure to test using 2 databases, perhaps there's some bug there we weren't aware of.

sigtau

Unsuccessful!
This query:

REPLACE INTO {$to_prefix}settings (variable, value)
    VALUES ("conversion_time", 1258675558),
    ("conversion_from", "mybb14x_to_smf.sql");

Caused the error:

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '{$to_prefix}settings (variable, value)
    VALUES ("conversion_time", 1258675558)' at line 1

-----------

I'm doing this for a friend, so I'd really like a speedy response.

Norv

Please ignore that error, it's not relevant to the conversion, rather a bug in the converter itself, which should be updated as soon as possible. Your conversion has actually succeeded.

.Vapor

Converting from mybb 1.4 to SMF 2.0 RC2 and i receive this error :

Converting...
Converting members... Successful.
Converting categories... Successful.
Converting boards... Successful.
Converting topics...Wrong value type sent to the database. Integer expected. (id_member_updated)

Norv

Please try using the attached file instead.

.Vapor

This was my final sql file that i got it to work. All i did was add TE's suggestion for the birthdate and used your sql file norv......voila. Thank you all for the fix's !

This worked for mybb 1.4.10 ---> smf2 rc2

Norv

Good to hear, and thanks for sharing! :)

Boricua012

Hi,

I'm trying convert 1.4.10 to SMF RC2.

When i go to converter.php i fill in my info and then the first step it does is Coverting Members. I get a message saying:

Converting members...Wrong value type sent to the database. Date expected. (birthdate)

Then nothing happens.  :'(

Norv

Boricua012

Quote from: Norv on December 26, 2009, 01:43:23 AM
Please check out:
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=256073.msg2189889#msg2189889

Thank you :). Now my website is running on SMF 1.0x how do i upgrade to RC2? I read the manual and was sort of confused by it...

Norv

I suppose you mean 1.1.11 ?

To upgrade to SMF 2.0 RC2, the manual instructions are here: Upgrading SMF (not sure what you found).
Mainly, please take first a backup of the database.
Then, grab the large upgrade package from this site's Downloads, and unzip it. Then upload all files to your SMF directory. (like you uploaded the previous installation files, too, I suppose?). Overwriting almost all your previous files.
Then, point your browser to http://your_address/upgrade.php, to run the upgrade itself. It's a little wizard that will guide you through the rest of the process.

Advertisement: