Another Package error

Started by jukesoft, August 17, 2008, 06:24:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jukesoft

Hello. I have a problem with any packages i try to install. For exemple: Ad management Mod.  I upload the mod and then i try to install it, but i've got no "start button". I can't start the installation because the FTP Information Required is empty.

What shoul I do. Thank you.

SwapsRulez

http://www.yoursitename.com/forumpath/index.php?action=admin;area=packages;sa=options

Try setting the ftp details. May be your files are not having enough permissions to make changes. :)
Project-BB.org : Educational Forum For Engineering, Diploma & Technical Students

The Engineering, Diploma & All technical students lounge for Free Projects, Seminars, Syllabus, Question Papers, College Assignments, Placement Papers, E-Books, Company Information & other technical stuffs.

jukesoft

No i can modify the FTP settings, but i've got another error: 
You cannot download or install new packages because the Packages directory or one of the files in it are not writable!

L.E.: All the files and folders in the Package directory are writable.(chmod 777)

riker

Quote from: jukesoft on August 17, 2008, 06:24:47 AM
Hello. I have a problem with any packages i try to install. For exemple: Ad management Mod.  I upload the mod and then i try to install it, but i've got no "start button". I can't start the installation because the FTP Information Required is empty.

What shoul I do. Thank you.

Exactly the same problem here and got no where with it, in fact I've been left in limbo.  I've deleted everyone from my server and done a fresh upgrade to SMF 2.0 and still have the problem

jukesoft

First time i deleted the temp folder from Packages, and i recived the error :
You cannot download or install new packages because the Packages directory or one of the files in it are not writable! . The i've recreated the temp forudel and i've got the roor in the picture again!. I've changed "Temp" permission to 755 then 775 then 777 but with no results. What shoul we do?

kuicky

I am having the same problem, no matter what package I try to install I get the error message "You cannot download or install new packages because the Packages directory or one of the files in it are not writable!" I have changed permissions on every directory and file in the packages directory as well as the directory itself to rwx, but still get the error - it is really getting irritating so PLEASE help.

Dannii

Try copying the mod's files into the temp folder.
"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."

jukesoft

riker

Quote from: jukesoft on August 18, 2008, 11:54:18 AM
Doesn't work  :'(

Same here, the problem seems to be before it gets to that

riker

jukesoft

QuoteNo fix for this then ?
Is there any way to make it work?

riker

Quote from: jukesoft on August 20, 2008, 10:51:38 AM
QuoteNo fix for this then ?
Is there any way to make it work?

Your asking me lol,  I know all the mods worked fine on my old SMF 1.1.5 forum it's just this 2.0 I've had issues with :(

Dannii

When I've had problems I've made a temp directory, put all the mod files in it, and then made everything 777. Unfortunately the package manager can be really temperamental.
"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."

riker

Quote from: Dannii on August 20, 2008, 11:25:47 AM
When I've had problems I've made a temp directory, put all the mod files in it, and then made everything 777. Unfortunately the package manager can be really temperamental.

Tried that,  the problem seems to be before it hits that

jukesoft

QuoteWhen I've had problems I've made a temp directory, put all the mod files in it, and then made everything 777. Unfortunately the package manager can be really temperamental.
Not even this doesn't work. When i create the temp folder i get the error in the  picture, and when i delete the temp folder i get "You cannot download or install new packages because the Packages directory or one of the files in it are not writable! "

[img]http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/3347/errorrw3.jpg[img]

red_eric

We had this same problem, it's common when using shared hosting as opposed to having a dedicated server.

The fix (for us) was to:

Rename the Packages directory
Create a new directory 'Packages' and chmod to 777
Create a new directory 'Packages/temp' and chmod to 777
Create a new directory 'Packages/temp/backup and chmod to 777

I hope this works for you too.

jukesoft

I/ve tried but nothing. I even replace the Package folder with the original, but nothing.
The i exctracted the mod archve in Packages folder. Now it does not send any error but i stil can't install the mod. Look:

jukesoft

Does anybody know? With the temp directory in place i ca't type the FTP informations, so i can't proced with the installation.

jukesoft

Today i' ve updated to SMF 2.0 beta4 and i finally could install packages!!! But in fact package manager doesn't install NOTHING! The package appear as installed(it is shown in Installed Packages) but it doesn't work. What is this?! What should I do?! I'm getting crazy.

riker

Quote from: jukesoft on September 08, 2008, 07:37:13 AM
Today i' ve updated to SMF 2.0 beta4 and i finally could install packages!!! But in fact package manager doesn't install NOTHING! The package appear as installed(it is shown in Installed Packages) but it doesn't work. What is this?! What should I do?! I'm getting crazy.

Ah the same problem.  It looks like this doesn't work on beta 4 yet

jukesoft

Is there another way to install  packages other way than manual? How could we repair the package manager????

jukesoft

Does anybody know how to solve this? >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

jukesoft

jukesoft

Helloo! Does anybody knoe how to do this?

asiaGPS

Same problem here.....

It seems like the package manager in Beta 4 does not work.
I got correct settings, correct permission, correct installation path but nothing happens.

Using the manual way.

When is this issue going to be resolved?

Thanks

dblast

Boy I thought I was the only one. I am new to this can someone explain to a newbie how to manually install a packet to get around this issue?

Thanks

greyknight17

Each mod should have the manual install instructions button right below the download links area.

Judgey

lol i just reinstalled my server cos i thought it was a server prob omg my bad !

Rumbaar

For jukesoft, have you upgraded to BETA 4?  I can only imagine an issue with a template files associated with Admin and Packages are of your forum.

Also be sure to use the BETA 4 version of the mod.
"An important reward for a job well done is a personal sense of worthwhile achievement."

[ Themes ]

Advertisement: