I keep getting this message when trying to open my forum ...

Started by pamperedparrott, August 18, 2008, 12:19:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pamperedparrott

Can't open file: 'smf_sessions.MYI' (errno: 145)

The above keeps coming up and I, nor my members can get into my forum.  Is there a problem with SMF at this time?  This has been happening for 2 days and my members are getting aggrevated - Help  :D

ccbtimewiz

`smf_sessions` is apparently damaged, but can be repaired or re-created.
Login to phpMyAdmin and run the following queries.

REPAIR TABLE `smf_sessions`

OPTIMIZE TABLE `smf_sessions`

Try running that. Also make sure your MySQL and PHP versions are up to date.

pamperedparrott

Do I need to run these on my forum admin page?  Because I can't get in at all ...

ccbtimewiz

pamperedparrott

Sorry, maybe I'm just ignorate here, but I do not see the SQL tab at the top of that home page.

ccbtimewiz

ccbtimewiz

That's the phpMyAdmin homepage..

You need to access YOUR phpMyAdmin page. Eg, you need to access your database. The information you need to get into your database should be in your Settings.php file.

pamperedparrott

I'm in my phpMyAdmin page, but do not see where I need to insert the codes ... maybe I'm overlooking something.

pamperedparrott

Quote from: pamperedparrott on August 18, 2008, 12:50:43 PM
I'm in my phpMyAdmin page, but do not see where I need to insert the codes ... maybe I'm overlooking something.

I clicked on the SQL tab to the left and entered teh query you gave me and clicked run ... it came up with an error.

pamperedparrott

I was able to get it to accept the query codes you gave me and my forum will come up now, but you can't sign in ... in fact, you can't even see the home page, only the sign in area.  Could there be something that needs to be updated in my admin section of my forum?  I can't sign on to get into that area.

pamperedparrott

I really need to get my forum back up ... I'm getting emails from my members.

Help ...

ccbtimewiz

So ok, you're getting a database error right off the fly.

Do you have any database backups with you? If not, contact your host for one? Because I'm unable to troubleshoot for this if the online session table is working.

pamperedparrott

Thanks for trying ... I hope I haven't lost all my post on my forum.

Rumbaar

Did you go to your hosts cPanel, then select the phpMyAdmin area of your cPanel.  Then move to your current smf db listed in the left pane.  Then select the table in question and repair the table?

If you are having issue with this kind of basic web site administration you might want to seek the assistance of a trained professional.  At the very least you might want to contact you host and ask them if they can help or if there is the nessary tools in your plans access panel to achieve this task.
"An important reward for a job well done is a personal sense of worthwhile achievement."

[ Themes ]

pamperedparrott

I went into the php file in my file manager and signed into phpMyAdmin area and clicked on the SQL icon to the left and when that page came up, I entered the above codes given to me and ran the query.  It brought my forum page back up instead of it just showing a white page with the error message, but I can't log into my forum - there is an error message on the page to contact the administrator (which is me & I can't fix it)  :-\

N3RVE

Open phpMyAdmin (What is phpMyAdmin?), SQL ->
Code (Run) Select

TRUNCATE TABLE `smf_sessions`

-[n3rve]
Ralph "[n3rve]" Otowo
Former Marketing Co-ordinator, Simple Machines.
ralph [at] simplemachines [dot] org                       
Quote"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." - Carl Sagan

Advertisement: