I keep getting this message when trying to open my forum ...

Started by pamperedparrott, August 18, 2008, 12:19:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pamperedparrott

Quote from: [n3rve] on August 20, 2008, 12:18:08 PM
Open phpMyAdmin (What is phpMyAdmin?), SQL ->
Code (Run) Select

TRUNCATE TABLE `smf_sessions`

Doesn't this clean out tables?  Will I lose my forum if I run this?

I got a message asking if I really want to run this query

-[n3rve]

Quote from: [n3rve] on August 20, 2008, 12:18:08 PM
Open phpMyAdmin (What is phpMyAdmin?), SQL ->
Code (Run) Select

TRUNCATE TABLE `smf_sessions`

-[n3rve]

Rumbaar

Well I would run the REPAIR routing first, as specified by ccbtimewiz in the first reply to this thread.
"An important reward for a job well done is a personal sense of worthwhile achievement."

[ Themes ]

pamperedparrott

I ran the repair the other day when ccbtimewiz gave me the info ... it's still not working though - getting error message.

I got this message:

Can't open file: 'smf_log_online.MYI' (errno: 145)
File: /Forum/Sources/Subs.php
Line: 2539

Note: It appears that your database may require an upgrade. Your forum's files are currently at version SMF 1.1.5, while your database is at version 1.1.2. The above error might possibly go away if you execute the latest version of upgrade.php.

So I went into my file mgr. and when I went to Line 2539, this is what is there:

2539 WHERE " . ($do_delete ? "logTime < NOW() - INTERVAL " . ($modSettings[&#39;lastActive&#39;] * 60) . &#39; SECOND&#39; : &#39;&#39;) . ($do_delete && !empty($ID_MEMBER) ? &#39; OR &#39; : &#39;&#39;) . (empty($ID_MEMBER) ? &#39;&#39; : "ID_MEMBER = $ID_MEMBER"), __FILE__, __LINE__);

I do not see anything in this line that has anything to do with smf ... still usure whre the problem lies.  I've contacted my webhost, but haven't had any luck with them as to whether this is on the host side or something I'm missing in my file mgr.

青山 素子

Ignore the file line, the real error is the top line:

Can't open file: 'smf_log_online.MYI' (errno: 145)

You need to do a repair on the smf_log_online table. Same thing you did before, but change the table name.
Motoko-chan
Director, Simple Machines

Note: Unless otherwise stated, my posts are not representative of any official position or opinion of Simple Machines.

pamperedparrott

I went back into my phpMyAdmin page and went to the sql icon and ran a query changing the table to smf_log_online, but my forum is still not coming up.

青山 素子

It's looking better at least.

Try going to the main view of the database where it shows all the tables. Put a check on all tables (there's a shortcut at the bottom of the table list to do this), then in the drop-down on that line, select "repair". This will repair all tables that are broken. Be warned that if you have a big forum (over a few thousand posts), this process could take over 2 minutes to complete, perhaps even over 5 depending on what is broken.
Motoko-chan

Note: Unless otherwise stated, my posts are not representative of any official position or opinion of Simple Machines.

pamperedparrott

I am not seeing a drop down to click on repair in my file mgr.

青山 素子

Motoko-chan

pamperedparrott

You're Awesome  ;)  Thank you so much for your help!  My forum is back up & running!

Advertisement: