News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Rate That Topic

Started by slinouille, August 20, 2008, 02:57:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rifugio

Thanks SiNan that fix for rating locked topics worked fine.  I hadn't realised that was a feature and not something to do with the way SMF handles locked topics.  This is a wonderful mod!  The forum stats things was something wondering about to - it would certainly be one of the more useful indicators, after all if someone is motivated to rate a topic it requires a bit more thought than just opening it :)

Wajalot

Hi [SiNan]

Many thanks for your response. Also for thinking about the idea to add stats for the mod. May I ask you when do you expect to make a new realease?

In the meantime, is there any field in the database where to pickup the overall votes for a post and to see a summarize of the post which have been voted?

Thanks again

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

Quote from: F.L.A.M.E.R on September 05, 2008, 08:12:22 AM
i mean like just put the mouse over the stars.. it highlights that much part and to lock that rating, just click on it and you get a message written under it saying "Thank you for your Rating." And to change that rating, an option just near the post reply, saying "Change Ratings" for individual changes ?

Blah... Any reply over this ? comment ?

[SiNaN]

Wajalot:

I'm not sure, when I can find some time for this.

Couldn't understand your second question.

F.L.A.M.E.R:

You could do that with some Js and AJAX but unfortunately I don't like Js and don't know AJAX.

As a note for all; anyone who wants can take over the mod.
Former SMF Core Developer | My Mods | SimplePortal

Anthems

[SiNaN]

Is it possible to make some changes (or create a different one based on that) in that mod to make it more formal and more accurate? I mean, instead of having stars, it would have actual numbers and the rates would be from 1 to 10.

If you vote 5 stars and 4 stars in a topic, you get 4.5 stars total. But the topic will be 5 stars rated because it doesn't have 4.5.

Probably is something that is not possible to accomplish, but you know it better than I do  :D

Bye

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

Quote from: [SiNaN] on September 11, 2008, 10:36:58 AM
F.L.A.M.E.R:

You could do that with some Js and AJAX but unfortunately I don't like Js and don't know AJAX.

As a note for all; anyone who wants can take over the mod.

atleast u know something abt it... but m a 0 in that.. :( anyone who can help him if sinan wants to add in these things ?

erosolmi

I get error on:

Installing this package will perform the following actions:  Type Action Description
1. Execute Modification ./index.php Test successful
2. Execute Modification .\Sources/Display.php Test successful
3. Execute Modification .\Sources/MessageIndex.php Test successful
4. Execute Modification .\Sources/Subs.php Test successful
5. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/Display.template.php Test failed
6. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/MessageIndex.template.php Test successful
7. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php Test successful
8. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english-utf8.php Skipping file
9. Extract File .\Sources/RateAdmin.php 
10. Extract File .\Sources/Subs-Rate.php 
11. Extract File ./Themes/default/RateAdmin.template.php 
12. Extract File ./Themes/default/images/tr0.png 
13. Extract File ./Themes/default/images/tr1.png 
14. Extract File ./Themes/default/images/tr2.png 
15. Extract File ./Themes/default/images/tr3.png 
16. Extract File ./Themes/default/images/tr4.png 
17. Extract File ./Themes/default/images/tr5.png 
18. Execute Code install.php

Is there something I can check/do in order to install this mod. I would really like it working on my forum.

Thanks a lot
Eros
www.thinbasic.com | community.thinbasic.compsch.thinbasic.com
WinXP Pro SP2 - Centrino Core 2 2GHz - 2Gb Ram - Ati Radeon Mobility X1600 512Mb

SunilDVR

Hi [SiNaN],

Firstly - great mod, thank you for taking the time to make it!

I've got a number of users who are using the Helios Multi theme, and I'm a little stuck in terms of getting it to show up in that.

I've tried making the required edits to the theme files described here, namely:

1) Two changes to ./Themes/default/Display.template.php

2) One change to ./Themes/default/MessageIndex.template.php

i.e. three edits in total. However, only the first can be changed - the second change to ./Themes/default/Display.template.php (<td colspan="3" class="smalltext">'; to <td colspan="4" class="smalltext">';) as well as the entire change to ./Themes/default/MessageIndex.template.php cannot be done because the theme file seems significantly different.

Any guidance you can offer is very much appreciated,

Thanks,

Sunil

[SiNaN]

erosolmi:

You can ignore the error and make the edits in Display.template.php file manually, using the manual installation instructions here. But do not forget to take back-ups of the files being edited, just incase.

SunilDVR:

Attach the files which you couldn't make the edits manually.

Former SMF Core Developer | My Mods | SimplePortal

SunilDVR

Quote from: [SiNaN] on September 29, 2008, 05:14:23 PM
SunilDVR:

Attach the files which you couldn't make the edits manually.

Hi [SiNaN],

Please find attached blank (i.e. unchanged) copies of the Helios Multi theme's MessageIndex.template.php and Display.template.php files.

Thank you for your assistance!

Sunil

Hinchy

Is there any way to use this in conjunction with SSI? What I am trying to do is have users be able to rate forum threads from pages on the site associated with specific forum threads. Am I making any sense?

Wajalot

Hi [SiNaN]

I dont want members can rate ther own topics, how can i do it?

Thanks!!

sakura1998

Hi,

I'm having trouble with this in my forum - I'm getting the 'Unable to load the 'rateadmin' template' error message (I have searched and found and applied the fix in this thread, but the error is still occurring)

I've attached the RateAdmin.php file (thinking that's the most likely offender...)

Any ideas?

madman71

Sinan,

Greets!

Running:
SMF 1.6
Kaledios theme running

Generally i install mods through the Admin control panel.  If i do not get any errors, i'll continue.  This mod here, i did not get any errors.

Everything seems to be working/displayed (all settings in the Admin panel too) except for the drop down box and GO button.

Keep in mind that this info is also missing in the SMF Default  Core  theme

The image below paints it all :)

Also, maybe when you can, can you help me here plz :)  Perhaps you just over looked it
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=242233.msg1752871#msg1752871

thank you for your excellent work.  If you ever got paid for doing this, you deserve a raise :)

madman71

ok, NM, i forgot to set it to LOCAL

all is good now :)

madman71

Sinan,

I spoke too soon :(

I, for the life of me, can not get the stars to display.

I have the png files in themes/kelidos/images  folder and in the  Themes/default/images

Everything else is showing.  I have all groups able to use the rate function, I have Enable topic rating checked, and in board settings i have all green icons marked "local".

any ideas?

InternetMafia

Did the edits you posted on page two work for 1.1.6? .  Now I get the following errors.

Undefined ID input.         
Its better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool.

MarkS

hi before i install this mod could you tell me if its poss to see a rate chart, i want to use it to find out the top rated photos each week, so i would need it to show this......

ie: there may be 7 post with 5 stars but 1 will have 1 vote and the other may have 10 votes will it show this...?

MarkS

hi i have installed this and get

Unable to load the 'rateadmin' template. (yes i have done wot you said on page one)

if i do wot you said on page one i get

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_EXIT in /home/photo131/public_html/Sources/RateAdmin.php on line 1

could you please help me out
thank you

Advertisement: