News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Rate That Topic

Started by slinouille, August 20, 2008, 02:57:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SunilDVR

Quote from: KahneFan on December 01, 2008, 09:49:41 PM
Any chance this may be upgraded for 2.0? It appears to be an excellent mod.

I'm running this on 1.1.7 at the moment. I want to go to 2.0 in the long term, but a couple of mods which are very important to the forum in question - including this one - are not compatible.

So.... I'd very much like a 2.0-compatible mod as well, please!

imno007

Quote from: MarkS on December 01, 2008, 05:18:04 PM
they all have a dull five star as some one rate the stars come brighter....... or you can remove the stars till some one votes

like so http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?action-download;mod=1313;id=63409;image

Thanks for the reply, MarkS, much appreciated.

[SiNaN]

I don't think I'll have enough time to update this. Still looking for someone to take over the mod.
Former SMF Core Developer | My Mods | SimplePortal

wildmck8

Hello there,
I installed this mod on a 1.1.7 board and it worked fine.  Post installation I wanted to change the color of the stars a bit, so like a dummy I uninstalled the mod and deleted the files....pulled the .png files out of the zip file and changed them to the way I wanted it to look.  Reuploaded the mod and installed it.  For some reason, now when I enable the mod I have 10 stars.  I'm sure there is some line of code doubled somewhere, but not entirely sure where to fix it.

Looking back, I wish I had just pulled the images from the site, modified them and then repopulated them. Hindsight I guess.

Would appreciate any help on this.

[SiNaN]

Check the MessageIndex.template.php edit using this manual installation instructions.

Phat^Trance

were is the option to activate this mod? cannot find it anywhere
Daily Mobile Blog:  http://dailymobile.se/
Daily iPhone Blog: http://dailyiphoneblog.com/
Daily Mobile forum: http://forum.dailymobile.se/

cleanfiles

Fantastic mod, 5 star rating for this mod

[SiNaN]

Phat^Trance:

Admin CP >> Topic Rating Admin

cleanfiles:

Thanks, glad you liked it.

kL

Cool mod. I've modified it a little though. I've hardcoded these features myself but I think you should add them as features to the admin cp:

1. Custom star images (or at least an option to have nothing at all displayed for 0)
2. Minimum number of votes for a topic rating to show (This way, one single person can't go around giving low ratings to topics, and the star rating is also representative of what more than just one person thinks about the topic.)

It's a little dirty but here's what I editted this part of Subs-Rate.php to look like

$numratings = mysql_num_rows($request);

mysql_free_result($request);

if(!empty($return))
$average = round(array_sum($return) / count($return));
else
return 0;
if ($numratings>9) // There have to be at least 10 votes for the topic rating to show
return $average;
else
return 0;

Screenshot of Message Index:

Screenshot of a thread:

I'm going to completely change the way it is in the thread with a simple click-to-vote thing (ajax).

KahneFan

I like the minimum vote needed, good idea.
#eric_on_twit| (video) Creating Themes for SMF | Reset Your Forum
NOTE: No PM's for support please.

foempspeedy

Hello , i cant see the select box at the right for rating
using 1.1.7 ,english and core theme..so dont understand why
no errors also.

Suggestions?

slinouille

Quote from: Blue Dream on December 10, 2008, 06:19:48 AM
I don't think I'll have enough time to update this. Still looking for someone to take over the mod.
Hello,
I've take over your mod to SMF2.0b4 :-)
It's a first version but seems to be fully functionnal ... soon on my 'in production" forum.
How do I proceed ?
Thks
SLiN
Visit VAG-Technique.fr
Take a look to my mods

[SiNaN]

foempspeedy:

Make sure you enable the mod from Admin CP >> Topic Rating Admin

slinouille:

Great. When you get a stable package ready, pm me a link so that I can go over the codes to see if everything is okay. Then I'll make the needed arrangements.

foempspeedy

Quote from: Blue Dream on December 28, 2008, 03:44:50 AM

Make sure you enable the mod from Admin CP >> Topic Rating Admin

I did, on default, admins arent excluded but if i put local board settings on default, i see only stars ,no box to choose, if i put local enabled its solved..

Drummingdw

Greetings,

Any help with this mod would be greatly appreciated.  I've been up and down these posts with no solution.  I installed the mod with no errors, I do have the admin panel, I have made the mod active and enabled the boards however on my posts, I don't see the rate it option at all?  I tried manual installation also with no success? I'm currently using SMF 1.1.7

Thank you in advance for any help to get this mod to work.

Kev

cleanfiles

Hello again, I have this mod working great on 3 themes, but for the life of me I just cant get it working on Aa New Damage . I moved all the necessary images and files to the theme folder just like I did with the other themes, the edits in the Display.template.php is where it all goes astray, the theme has very  different code to the other themes.
Anyways here's my files that needed manual edits.
Any help would be appreciated.

cleanfiles

Hmmm not looking to good then lol.

etonyali

it doesnt show it guys please help
i enable and put it to local did everything what ya said its just the theme i guess

cleanfiles

Ok I spent ages trying to get this working, I managed to get it to display ok but it wont go through with the rating. It works just right on all my other themes.

It just stays unrated.

Attached is the new Display.template.php

cleanfiles

guess i will have to keep plodding along by myself, no support for this mod.......

Advertisement: