News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Rate That Topic

Started by slinouille, August 20, 2008, 02:57:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KahneFan

Still not allowed to rate (as a member)
#eric_on_twit| (video) Creating Themes for SMF | Reset Your Forum
NOTE: No PM's for support please.

slinouille

Quote from: KahneFan on February 11, 2009, 04:12:50 PM
Still not allowed to rate (as a member)
Use new release and refresh cache
Visit VAG-Technique.fr
Take a look to my mods

shanksta13

I tried to clear the cache with the new install and it still isn't working.  Although I haven't actually found where the permissions are.  Could you tell us exactly where we can change the permissions?

KahneFan

Ditto: cleared cache, still doesn't seem to work.

And, suppose it has something to do with the issue that it's not enabled on the board; should the drop down disappear when it's not allowed on a certain board? If the drop down is there, but not enabled, that's asking for a bunch of members to notify us of an error which doesn't technically exist.

shanksta13

Hey Kahne, were you able to find the permission for it at all?  I didn't see any permissions in the admin panel and I looked long and hard.  So I'm thinking maybe the edits that were supposed to make the thing show up in the admin panel aren't set up or working properly.  Meaning the permission is actually there, but there's no way to modify it currently from the admin panel.

KahneFan

The permissions are per board. If you go into each board and "modify" the board you'll see the new check box.

I even tried unckecking it --> save --> re-checking it --> save, and it still doesn't work for regular members.

I'm wondering if there should be a permission within the membergroups of "allow vote" or something in order to allow certain groups the right to vote.

slinouille

Hello,

In order to use this mod on SMF2, here is how you have to do:
1- select in "Modification" to enable the ratethattopic mod.
2- go into Forum / Boards / Modify boards
3- select a board on which you want to authorized members to rate topics and click on "modify"
4- enable ratethattopic with checkbox

5- save

QuoteI'm wondering if there should be a permission within the membergroups of "allow vote" or something in order to allow certain groups the right to vote.
Perhaps but for the moment I've just tried to reproduce the exact SMF1 version.
Visit VAG-Technique.fr
Take a look to my mods

slinouille

Okay ... I've taken some time in order to check the install.php file ... and indeed I've found some mistakes that can explain your problems  O:)

I've uploaded new release 2.1.4 ... please test it and tell me if it's ok.
Visit VAG-Technique.fr
Take a look to my mods

slinouille

Quote from: shanksta13 on February 12, 2009, 08:44:12 AM
Is it working for anyone else?  Still not working for me...
very very strange ... I've installed a fresh SMF2rc1 on a fresh database ... and no problem this time

have you enabled RTT for a board? have you enabled RTT? Check if database things are ok ?
Visit VAG-Technique.fr
Take a look to my mods

KahneFan

Steps I took before reinstalling new mod...
I) Uninstalled previous version
II) Deleted previous version
III) (manually) Dropped .rt. table in db
IV) Installed new version

Quote from: slinouille on February 12, 2009, 02:47:54 AM
1- select in "Modification" to enable the ratethattopic mod. DONE
- note these are prechecked (should that be the case?)
2- go into Forum / Boards / Modify boards DONE
3- select a board on which you want to authorized members to rate topics and click on "modify" DONE
4- enable ratethattopic with checkbox DONE
- note with the new version this was now unchecked.
5- save DONE

Quote from: result
You are not allowed to rate.

I also tried unchecking everything, clearing cache, rechecking everything... same error result (as regular member)

slinouille

Roooohhhhh sorry ... your explanation was really clear and I've finally understood  O:)

I've understood why ...

just to be sure, can you please copy the next file and replace the one existing (in Sources directory) ?

Question : do you want that I add an option for enabling rating by membergroup also ?

SliN
Visit VAG-Technique.fr
Take a look to my mods

KahneFan

YAY!! That worked... rating by membergroup isn't needed for me, but others may like that option.

Also, as stated above, the stars are making a new row when they should be inline. I'll try to fix it for my version, but you may want to change it for the default mod.

edit: Even when a board is not checked for ratings, members can still rate them

KahneFan

As for location, it is specific to my theme, but I actually put the stars in their own column.

slinouille

Concerning the stars ... this is strange ... see what I have (ever under FF or IE7)

Concerning the fact that members can rate on a not "ratable" board is strange ... because I cant' reproduce that on my forum ::) I've tested with a "normal" member ... it seems ok on my side.

You still confirm ?
Visit VAG-Technique.fr
Take a look to my mods

KahneFan

This is a screenshot from a board which is not allowed for ratings.

It's strange, the stars don't show up within the post, but sure enough they display on the message list view...

I would think it would be good, if rating is not allowed, to not even display the drop down/submit for ratings.

slinouille

I see that you have done some modification of the mod ... the displaying of stars on boards depends on this variable "$context['topic_rating_enabled_for_this_board']"

Can you put an "echo $context['topic_rating_enabled_for_this_board'];" just to check what is the value you have ?
It should be 0 for disabled board an 1 for enabled board

Visit VAG-Technique.fr
Take a look to my mods

KahneFan

I must've had old code when I did the first manual edit. I used the new codes and it appears to be correct now. Thanks!

Let me ask, I have that ratings in a <td> {code here} </td>, do you know what I would use to make that column disappear if ratings are not active on that board?

shanksta13

Hey Kahne, when you get that code finished up with the extra column, can you post it here?  I think that extra column looks alot cleaner and would love to use it on my site.  Thanks man!

KahneFan

I would, but I think most sites use a <div> container whereas the author of my theme used <table>'s.

hint/request: Maybe slinouille would modify it so that a column could/would appear when the ratings are enabled on a board(?).

It would also be nice if we could click on that new column to sort by ratings.

Advertisement: