News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Rate That Topic

Started by slinouille, August 20, 2008, 02:57:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PerryM

The first thing I do with a new module is to 1) install it, 2) un-installed it, 3) install it again.

Your module gave the following error when installing for the second time:

Table 'm4inform_smf.log_rt' doesn't exist
File: /home/m4inform/public_html/smf/Packages/temp/installDatabase.php
Line: 35

So once you un- install it you are in trouble.

Hope this can be fixed since this is a fantastic module.
Perry

KahneFan

For some reason, when you try to reinstall this mod you will need to manually delete that table from your database (backup first). I have not yet figured out if this is a 2.0x issue or not, but I've had this happen on other mods as well. Once you've manually deleted the table from your database, it will reinstall with no issues.
#eric_on_twit| (video) Creating Themes for SMF | Reset Your Forum
NOTE: No PM's for support please.

PerryM

Quote from: KahneFan on February 12, 2009, 08:06:35 PM
For some reason, when you try to reinstall this mod you will need to manually delete that table from your database (backup first). I have not yet figured out if this is a 2.0x issue or not, but I've had this happen on other mods as well. Once you've manually deleted the table from your database, it will reinstall with no issues.

Thanks, which table is it?
Perry

KahneFan

It should be listed as smf_log_rt
#eric_on_twit| (video) Creating Themes for SMF | Reset Your Forum
NOTE: No PM's for support please.

PerryM

Quote from: KahneFan on February 12, 2009, 11:11:28 PM
It should be listed as smf_log_rt

Thanks, deleted it and re-installed just fine.

I'll use this as this is really a great module.

Thanks much.
Perry

slinouille

@Kahne: great that it finally work ... and thank you for the support you gave to PerryM  ;)

Quotehint/request: Maybe slinouille would modify it so that a column could/would appear when the ratings are enabled on a board(?).

It would also be nice if we could click on that new column to sort by ratings.                      

Ok I'll do that ... I think also that it's a good thing to have in particular when the subject of a post is quite long.
For information, I've change the way to rate a topic by replacing the droplist by a "dynamic star rate" (much nicer)  ;)
Visit VAG-Technique.fr
Take a look to my mods

slinouille

I've uploaded version 2.1.6

Changes are:
o new "rating selector"
o on messages index, the rating stars are in a dedicated column
o non members can't see the "rating selector"

For those who experiment  difficulties with upgrading database, you can use next SQL queries

ALTER TABLE <prefix>_messages ADD rate smallint(5) NOT NULL DEFAULT 0;
ALTER TABLE <prefix>_boards ADD rateTopic_board_enable tinyint(4) NOT NULL DEFAULT 0;
CREATE TABLE `<prefix>_log_rt` (
  `id_member` mediumint(8) NOT NULL default '0',
  `id_topic` mediumint(8) NOT NULL default '0',
  `rate` smallint(5) NOT NULL default '0',
  `time` text NOT NULL
);

Note : change "<prefix>" by your table prefix ("smf" by default).
Visit VAG-Technique.fr
Take a look to my mods

PerryM

Love the floating star concept.

However the new module makes the first post of a thread look weird (smf 2.0 RC1)

Perry
Perry

jayman2

Hi,
I think this mod is a great addition to a site.  I just have one question.  Only the highest rating shows.  What I mean is, if someone rates a topic a 5, then that's it.  It's over.  After that if 50 more people come along and 40 people only rate the topic between 1 and 3, the rating stays at 5 stars.  So it can be a very unpopular topic but it's going to retain that highest rating.  It only shows the number of votes, not what was voted.  Am I wrong, or am I missing something?

slinouille

@PerryM: strange ... do you have a specific theme? are you using 2.1.6 release?

@jayman2: I've tested with 4 users ... I'm using an average of all ratings done by topic. So I think you have missed something. Indeed my code is doing a sum of all rates divided by the number of rates, which gives me the average.

@ shansta13: I've corrected some behaviors such as members could note vote (a big issue indeed), I've added a new way for rating, average rating is shown in a cdedicated column
Visit VAG-Technique.fr
Take a look to my mods

PerryM

Quote from: slinouille on February 13, 2009, 01:00:05 PM
@PerryM: strange ... do you have a specific theme? are you using 2.1.6 release?

Yep, new install of RC1 and 2.1.6
Perry

jayman2

Quote from: slinouille on February 13, 2009, 01:00:05 PM

@jayman2: I've tested with 4 users ... I'm using an average of all ratings done by topic. So I think you have missed something. Indeed my code is doing a sum of all rates divided by the number of rates, which gives me the average.

Thanks, slinouille.  I'm using it on my test site and I've only tested it with 2 users on one topic and I can't get an average that way, so I see your point.  I'm going to test it with more users.  Thanks for your reply.

Angie on Dialysis

So is this mod only for 2.0 beta or is it for 1.1.8 too?

There are no settings for the permissions. Don't see where we can change any permissions that are not there.

This is what we are seeing: (2 screenshots but in one image)

No drop down menu, no admin option for it .. just stars that gave an error til we changed the code using SiNaN's methods.. now it works but not correctly as the ratings don't save or list. We need support for this mod for this version which the mod site says it does support ... And all your screenshots except 1 are for 2.0 though so really hard to even see what to change...  I see no admin panel of this mod at all and looked everywhere..

This was attempted on the theme: Dilber MC Theme by HarzeM. Is that why it won't work??

edi67

seems to be very useful thx
CrazyZone - My SMF Forum

From the difficult the hardening of the man you can see

edi67

Everything is ok installing mod but with Neonnshoutbox your mod write me always this error in box:

QuoteNotice: Undefined index: topic in /home/crazyzone/data/www/crazyzone.biz/Sources/Load.php on line 1737

Quote//RateThatTopic mod
Line 1737   if ( $_GET['topic'] ){
      $context['html_headers'] .= '
         <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="'. $settings['default_theme_url']. '/css/rating.css" />';
   }

Some solution ?
CrazyZone - My SMF Forum

From the difficult the hardening of the man you can see

M-DVD

if (isset($_GET['topic']))

:)

6d4vdub

Love this Mod and only have one problem.

If I enable Topic Ratings on Message Index I get 15 stars next to each topic.

How can I get just 5 stars to show up there.

Thank You
Jack

slinouille

@Perry: Ok I've been able to reproduce your problem (seems to be avalable on IE ... and I'm not using IE). I'll do an update of the package very soon.

@edi67: yep I confirm what M-DVD had written ... that is corrected in next release.

@6d4vdub: I think you are using a "non standard" theme, no? if yes you have to adapt perhaps some CSS things ;)
Visit VAG-Technique.fr
Take a look to my mods

slinouille

Version 2.1.7 has been released ... please give me your feedback  :)
Visit VAG-Technique.fr
Take a look to my mods

Advertisement: