News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Rate That Topic

Started by slinouille, August 20, 2008, 02:57:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Garry1953

Version 2.1.7 Installs fine for me on RC1, and gives no errors in the logs.
Great Mod thanks :D

6d4vdub

Quote from: slinouille on February 16, 2009, 03:19:49 AM

@6d4vdub: I think you are using a "non standard" theme, no? if yes you have to adapt perhaps some CSS things ;)

I'm using the Default theme SMF v1.1.8

Thank you
Jack

robinrobin

Even though the theme doesn't have any of the files that this mod modifies (it uses most of the default theme's files) there are no graphical changes anywhere in Crip's OrangeLine theme but in the ACP after the installation which was said to be successfully installed.

slinouille

@Garry1953: thank you

@6d4vdub: ahh SMF1.1.8!!! ... I've not created the mod for this version ... strange that you have some graphical troubles on a default theme. Perhaps need to reinstall ?

@robinrobin: sorry I didn't understand a word you've written.
Visit VAG-Technique.fr
Take a look to my mods

robinrobin

lol, well let me try again then. Installing the latest version of this mod did not have any visible modifications to my theme, except the options in the admin control panel. I'm using OrangeLine by Crip and SMF 2 RC1. When i checked out how to install this mod manually for this version of SMF, i didn't see any files that the mod modifies that the OrangeLine theme has. This theme uses most of the Default theme's files, which got properly modified by the package installer. Yet, it is as the mod wasn't installed.

Any idea what's going on or how i can try and fix this?

PerryM

Just installed 2.1.7 and still get the error:

Table 'm4inform_smf.log_rt' doesn't exist
File: /home/m4inform/public_html/smf/Packages/temp/installDatabase.php
Line: 35

When I install - un-installed- re-install.

I know how to delete the log_rt record from the mySql but I can't release this to my Admins until this is fixed.

Thanks for the effort.
Perry

slinouille

@PerryM: it seems that this probleme is a issue for SMF2rc1, not the mod. Indeed I've got this error with already installed mods.

@robinrobin: You must enable rating on the boards.
- go into Forum / Boards / Modify boards
- select a board on which you want to authorized members to rate topics and click on "modify"
- enable ratethattopic with checkbox
- save
And that's it ... it should work with the theme you are using  ;)
Visit VAG-Technique.fr
Take a look to my mods

robinrobin

Ooh, i see! Thank you slinouille. The mod is looking real slick! Nice work!

PerryM

Quote from: slinouille on February 18, 2009, 02:25:16 AM
@PerryM: it seems that this probleme is a issue for SMF2rc1, not the mod. Indeed I've got this error with already installed mods.

This may be the case but I'm using 40+ mods and this is the only one that has problems of uninstalling and then installing again.
Perry

Filipina

Hello I have seen this  "Unable to load the 'rateadmin' template." error mentioned on this first page of the topic.  I also saw it mentioned on another post but was is the solution? I have tried both  'RateAdmin' and 'rateadmin' and i get the same error either way.

Anyone can offer me advice? :)

Lady Ambrosia

I also, am having the same issue, with the error "Unable to load the 'RateAdmin' template."  I have tried the solution mentioned in the first post, but still get the error, any ideas?
"To the world you maybe just one person, but to one person you may just be the world." -Unknown

Avatar created completely by: Ambrosia's Castle

GazOutEast

Trying to install Rate that topic on SMF2 RC1 I get the following test fail on /Sources/Subs-Boards.php before install

Find [Select]
b.board_order, b.count_posts, b.member_groups, b.id_theme, b.override_theme, b.id_profile,
Add After [Select]
b.rateTopic_board_enable,

I notice that the find string actually has - b.member_groups, b.member_groups_view, b.id_theme, - in it, that is " b.member_groups_view, " is not present in the search string.

I think this is an optional setting within the SMF admin panel for whether or not to show groups online - Can't find it now to try turning it off (just spent 30 minutes looking for it)

If I'm right about that, then install XML will need an either / or search

Gaz

I have 20:20 vision - I can see anything bigger than 20" x 20"

GazOutEast

Re: my last post - it seems to be a conflict caused by the View-only Boards mod

This would suggest the install order is for the ratings mod THEN the view-only mod because of the code

Off to test that theory

Gaz

GazOutEast

Yup - that did it - if you have the " view-only boards " mod installed, you need to uninstall it, then install the Rate that Topic mod and enable it, then reinstall the view-only boards mod.

Installs and works perfectly if you do that

Gaz

Anub1s

erm im kinda missing this ultimate admin pannel for this mod someware in the new version.

im using rc1 and its noware to be seen.

strange realy as i want to restrict ratings to only acouple of groups not all. and there is nothing in the permisions section.

giovannie_a2a

I am using the Runet template (SMF 2.0 RC1)

What should I change in Display.template.php, MessageIndex.template.php & ManageBoards.template.php..

Because the Default line's at this mod are not the same as in Runet's phpfiles..

DeviDarkL

Great Mod ;)

Here is the Portuguese Translation:

<file name="$languagedir/Modifications.portuguese_pt.php" error="skip">
<operation>
<search position="end" />
<add><![CDATA[
//Begin mod RatingTopic
$txt['rateTopic_allow'] = 'Activar a Classificação de Tópicos no fórum?';
$txt['rateTopic_enable_message_index'] = 'Classificação de Tópicos no Índice dos Posts?';
$txt['rateTopic_go'] = 'Ir!';
$txt['rateTopic_New'] = 'Classificar Tópico:';
$txt['rateTopic_Again'] = 'Classificação que deste:';
$txt['permissiongroup_rateTopic'] = 'Classificação de Tópicos';
$txt['rateTopic_votes'] = 'votos';
$txt['rating'] = 'Classificação';

$txt['rate_undefined_type'] = 'Tipo da entrada não definida.';
$txt['rate_undefined_id'] = 'ID da entrada não definida.';
$txt['rate_missing_info'] = 'Falta informação que precisa de ser aprovada.';
$txt['rate_not_allowed'] = 'Não estás autorizado a Classificar um Tópico.';
$txt['rate_not_in_range'] = 'A tua Classificação não se encontra dentro de alcance.';

$txt['rateTopic_board_enable'] = 'Activar Classificações de Tópicos';
$txt['rateTopic_board_enable_desc'] = 'Esta opção permite classificar os tópicos que os utilizadores estão a ler.';
//End mod RatingTopic
]]></add>
</operation>
</file>

slinouille

@Gaz : thank you for installation suggestion

@giovannie_a2a : try to follow install.xml file to adapt it

@DeviDarkL : thank you! I'll implement that in next release
Visit VAG-Technique.fr
Take a look to my mods

C4G-TK

I've installed this on my forum and it looks to be working correctly.  The forum is V2 RC1.  I had no fails show up when installing, but I did get the following error (attached) in my Error Log when I checked just after installing.  What do I need to do to correct this?  Thanks!

-img removed-

slinouille

@C4G-TK: it seems to be an error generated during database modification. Can you please check those 3 points:
1- do you have a table "log_rt" with 4 fields (id_member, id_topic,  rate, time)
2- check that in table 'boards", the new field "rateTopic_board_enable" is created
3- check that in table "messages", the new field "rate" is created

Thanks

SliN
Visit VAG-Technique.fr
Take a look to my mods

Advertisement: