Rate That Topic

Started by slinouille, August 20, 2008, 02:57:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

C4G-TK

First, thanks for replying to my post.   :)

Ok, let's start with the good news and go to the "I have no clue news"   ;D

Quote from: slinouille on March 23, 2009, 03:50:21 AM
2- check that in table 'boards", the new field "rateTopic_board_enable" is created

The Boards DB looks good to go.  I don't see anything wrong there.  Yay!
(attached a pic for confirmation)

Ok, that was the end of the good news...

1- do you have a table "log_rt" with 4 fields (id_member, id_topic,  rate, time)

I do have a table created named "log_rt" with the 4 fields.  But, I'm not sure if this is a problem or not because under indexes it says "No defined indexes".
(attached a pic)

3- check that in table "messages", the new field "rate" is created

I do have a the "messages" table with the "rate" field created.  But, once again I have three warnings.

a- Unique and Index keys should not both be set for column "id_topic"

b- Unique and Index keys should not both be set for column "id_member"

c- More than one Index key was made for column "id_member"

How do I proceed with correcting these?

-img removed-

slinouille

I'm not an mysql expert, but for me those warnings are not the cause of your problem.
The warning you have on log_rt table is normal due to the fact I've not created an index in this table ... this is what I wanted (in fact I forgot that but it will only have a performance impact when running queries on this table ... it is corrected for next release).
Concerning the other warning, this is not depending on the mod (but I don't have those warnings in my phpmyadmin either that I've got the same indexes ... must depend on an option in phpmyadmin).
All I see is that the need fields have been created which is good.

So the trouble you experiment with the mod is not coming from the DB installation ... are you sure you have activated in each board("Modify boards" page)?
Visit VAG-Technique.fr
Take a look to my mods

C4G-TK

I guess I'll just keep an eye out for more errors.  Like I said, it installed without any "Tests Failed" and seems to be working properly.  But, for some reason I got those errors.  Maybe it was something to do with the cache?  (I have no clue there.)  Anyway, great mod and thanks for looking into it with me.

-img removed-

Lady Ambrosia

Okay I have done a manual install for this mod, and even did the solution mentioned in the first post, but I still keep getting this error in my Admin pannel when I try to go to Rate That Topic:

"Unable to load the 'RateAdmin' template."

Can someone PLEASE help me with this, as I'd love to use this mod, but as it is I can't do anything with it.
"To the world you maybe just one person, but to one person you may just be the world." -Unknown

Avatar created completely by: Ambrosia's Castle

genusis

umm when i install rate that topic it come out with an error for two parts where it needs to add the b.rateTopic_board_enable, in the load.php and
b.rateTopic_board_enable, in the Subs-Boards.php. when this didn't happen i manually added them in but the issue is that when i did this and set it to rate that the starts or rating stuff did not appear where it was set too. Any ideas how to get this to work?

http://spirea.kozlowski.ws/forum
hello I am Genusis
this is my site
http://spirean.com

TechPrince

Topic owner should not allowed to vote :|

Tanks

I get this error when more users are trying to rate the same topic.. First user who rates it gets no error !

Duplicate entry '19573' for key 'PRIMARY'
File: \www\Sources\Subs-RateTopic.php
Line: 72

Please advice on how to fix it, cheers.

edi67

CrazyZone - My SMF Forum

From the difficult the hardening of the man you can see

slinouille

@Lady Ambrosia and genusis: have you manage a solution? do you still need help?

@TechPrince: nice suggestion ... I'll add it!

@Tanks: latest version? please check if table "log_rt" is well installed

@edi67: thank you for your return of experience ;)
Visit VAG-Technique.fr
Take a look to my mods

Tanks

Yes i use latest version ( 2.1.8 ) - and i use 2.0 RC1 - Mod installed with no errors.

log_rt is in my database and it is being filled with rates.

Problem is that when the next user tries to rate a topic that has already been rated by someone else they get that error.

Any idea on how to fix it ? :)

Angelotus

Hi, nice mod. Trying to install it on my 2.0 boards, but keep getting this error:

Table 'weeklyfun_nl.boards' doesn't exist
File: /customers/weeklyfun.nl/weeklyfun.nl/httpd.www/forum/Packages/temp/installDatabase.php
Line: 74

I need some help please!

slinouille

@Angelotus: Hum...  'weeklyfun_nl.boards' ... I imagine that you have check that it exists (but I think SMF couldn't run without) ... perhaps that the dot in the name is not appreciated by the installdatabase script. But I'm not convinced because it is using the smf variable "table prefix" ...
I'll take a look.

@Tanks: I've not noticed such behaviour on my forum ... can you provide an url and a test account (by PM)?
Visit VAG-Technique.fr
Take a look to my mods

Tanks

Yes i will send you a PM !

Don't mind going to my site. I removed the mod as it was causing to many errors.

Trying to sort ratings on other pages of messageindex will also cause errors. You can only sort on page 1.

Great mod - To bad it will not work on my forum

bicchet

Quote from: Tanks on April 20, 2009, 05:02:24 AM
I get this error when more users are trying to rate the same topic.. First user who rates it gets no error !

I have exactly the same problem, tested only in local server by now.

victoryrock

Where is the setting so that Guests can add a rating?

Thanks,
victoryrock

Babyloniia

Thanks for a great mod, i have after hours managed to get it installed on extreme 6 forum SMF version 1.1.8

Under rate that admin panel ive enablet rating, but i cant add rating when i try greating a new topic or rate topics that was made before this mode

What do i do rong? it seeems to installed correctly with the mod emulator

Sorry for my bad english.

Babyloniia

I have the rating system enabled by defualt for ALL i didnt change any to local.

webline

Quote from: bicchet on April 21, 2009, 02:38:27 PM
Quote from: Tanks on April 20, 2009, 05:02:24 AM

I have exactly the same problem, tested only in local server by now.

me to same error... i am happy is on a testings erver

Babyloniia

Anyone who know my problem?

slinouille

For those who have the "duplicate entry error", did you have this mod previously installed?
Is the id different than the one shown on Tanks example?
Where is writting this error? (in the forum page directly or in the errors log)
When installing it on a test forum, is it a clean database or an existing database?
Can some one, send me the sql extraction of table "smf_log_rt"?

Thanks for any more details because, I jsut don't manage to reproduce it on my test forum?

SliN
Visit VAG-Technique.fr
Take a look to my mods

Advertisement: