News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Rate That Topic

Started by slinouille, August 20, 2008, 02:57:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

C4G-TK

OK, lots of things that I can see right now...

FIRST:

It looks like some of the edits were completed and some weren't.  It looks like the Mod was never fully installed because the only edit that was completed was the Sources/MessageIndex.php file.  Nothing else was completed from the files you gave me.

I completed the edits for:
1) Index.php
2) Sources/Display.php
3) Sources/Subs.php

as well as the:
4) MessageIndex.template.php
5) Modifications.english.php
6) Display.template.php

The above files 1-6 have all been edited and replaced on your server for you.

SECOND:

The Image files were never placed into the Theme folders, so I went ahead and was able to put the images into 2 of the 3 Extreme theme folders, but one folder wouldn't let me do the transfer.  It is the one titled "Extreme 6".  (I was able to put it into the ones marked "ex6" and "extreme61" though.)

THIRD:

I moved the RateAdmin.template to all three Extreme 6 folders because that wasn't done either.

The only thing that I need you to check is to go into your Admin controls on the forum and to allow the boards to use the mod.  I don't have access to that from the info you gave me, but it should be finished as far as I can tell.

Go to ADMIN > TOPIC RATING ADMIN > and then Default Settings and Board Settings to set the mod.

-img removed-

C4G-TK

I logged onto your forum as Admin and enabled the mod for the category of "Salater"

Picture 1 shows where it says that I rated the one thread a "5"
(I just couldn't get the stars to appear, but it might be because of the last post where I said it wouldn't allow me to transfer the images to that folder.)

Picture 2 shows where you can rate the other threads by using the dropdown box.

I think it is done for you.  Let me know if something isn't working.  This was my first attempt in helping someone other than myself work on their forum.  If I did anything incorrect, I really want to know and wish you all the best!

-img removed-

Babyloniia

Quote from: C4G-TK on May 01, 2009, 03:42:59 PM
I logged onto your forum as Admin and enabled the mod for the category of "Salater"

Picture 1 shows where it says that I rated the one thread a "5"
(I just couldn't get the stars to appear, but it might be because of the last post where I said it wouldn't allow me to transfer the images to that folder.)

Picture 2 shows where you can rate the other threads by using the dropdown box.

I think it is done for you.  Let me know if something isn't working.  This was my first attempt in helping someone other than myself work on their forum.  If I did anything incorrect, I really want to know and wish you all the best!

Man what can i say, thank you so much, even it is your first attemp tp help, but it is like a prof :), now those stars it dosent matters,maybe i can put the image later on but maybe it is better without :).

THAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANKS. 99 Stars from me to you and your help

C4G-TK

No problem.  I'm glad to get it working for you.  I've had a lot of people help me here over the year and wanted to "give back" so to speak.  Good luck to you! 8)

-img removed-

divecall

A question:

how many members must rating a topic, that the ratings are shows in the message index ? is one rating enough, that the overall-rating is showing in the message index ?

and is a way, that zero-ratings are not showing in the message index? i mean, that only this topics are shown, what is rated, that not all the topics have stars (in the index) ?

by the way: great mod.

thanks, gracias, danke.

Shonick

sometimes, I try to rate a topic. I got this error

Duplicate entry '5' for key 1

Can anyone tell me what it is? and how to fix it

Thanks

C4G-TK

Quote from: divecall on May 01, 2009, 05:29:44 PM
A question:

how many members must rating a topic, that the ratings are shows in the message index ? is one rating enough, that the overall-rating is showing in the message index ?

and is a way, that zero-ratings are not showing in the message index? i mean, that only this topics are shown, what is rated, that not all the topics have stars (in the index) ?

by the way: great mod.

thanks, gracias, danke.

I think there is a setting which asks whether or not you want the rating displayed on the index or not.  Check to make sure that it is enabled for it.

-img removed-

divecall

thank you for the fast reply!  :-*

well, i know only "Topic Ratings on Message Index?" and this is enabled. my problem is that ALL the topics have rating stars in the message index. included this topics, what are not rated now. exactly for this non-rated topics, i want that no stars are showing in the message index.

i hope you understand...

C4G-TK

I think I understand you. 

If it is enabled, it will show the 5 stars, BUT if the Thread isn't rated they are the more translucent stars that show that it is unrated.  Once the topic gets a rating (let's say 1 star for example) that rating on the index should show 1 BOLD YELLOW star and 4 translucent yellow stars to show that it has a rating of 1.

Are you asking that it show NO stars if the topic isn't rated yet?  I don't think this is a feature of how this mod is set up.

-img removed-

divecall

@C4G-TK:

exactly this i mean.

can somebody tell me a way how i can change this, what i need to change in the PHP-code ?

thank you for all the help.

regards

DC

C4G-TK

I wish I could help you.  I'm good with performing edits, but have no clue when it comes to actually writing code. 

-img removed-

divecall

i know what u mean.... ;)

thank you

can somebody help ?

CrazyHorse80

Quote from: divecall on May 01, 2009, 06:28:32 PM
i know what u mean.... ;)

thank you

can somebody help ?

Fast solution: edit tr0.png and make it fully transparent (you could also resize it to 1x1 pixels). This should solve, but it's not so elegant... ;-)
Bye,
PS

divecall

Hey, sounds good !

i will give a try, thank you.

i post the result here....

:D :-*

THANK YOU SO MUCH

divecall

My problem was fixing, see picture...

nice idea, well done. i set the transparency tr0.png to 100% and this was exactly what i needed.

danke, gracias, merci,...

CrazyHorse80

Quote from: divecall on May 02, 2009, 08:51:29 AM
My problem was fixing, see picture...

nice idea, well done. i set the transparency tr0.png to 100% and this was exactly what i needed.

danke, gracias, merci,...

I'm not really a PHP coder, but sometimes it's not needed to be for solving my issue! ;-)
Anyway, you forgot to say "grazie" (this is the Italian for thanks). =)
Bye,
PS

Shonick

Quote from: viet on May 01, 2009, 05:31:14 PM
sometimes, I try to rate a topic. I got this error

Duplicate entry '5' for key 1

Can anyone tell me what it is? and how to fix it

Anyone has any idea about my problem?
Thanks

Lady Ambrosia

I am using SMF 1.1.8, and after reading C4G-TK's post about various edits not being done, which mine were, I put my RateAdmin.template.php file into the Theme I am using...and what do you know...BAM worked like magic!!

So, although you really wasn't helping me personally C4G-TK...THANK YOU SOO MUCH!!  I no longer get an error, and everything is working VERY smoothly!  Who would have thought that one file was causing my error, as it doesn't say to put it in the theme you are using, only to put it in the defualt theme.

So, for those who are using SMF 1.1.8 - BE SURE that you put your RateAdmin.template.php file INTO the theme you are using for your forum, or you will get a RateAdmin not found error ;)
"To the world you maybe just one person, but to one person you may just be the world." -Unknown

Avatar created completely by: Ambrosia's Castle

C4G-TK

That's just one of those things you start to learn or pick up the more you install the mods.

If you are installing a mod manually or checking problems, go into the package parser of the mod and scroll to the bottom.  Most of the time there is a list of "other" things included in the package that are specific to the mod which need to be placed in certain areas.  In this case, there was that RateAdmin.template and like 6 images that needed to be moved.

Glad I could help in a roundabout way! ;)

-img removed-

Angelotus

Quote from: Angelotus on April 25, 2009, 04:36:12 PM
Quote from: slinouille on April 21, 2009, 07:43:44 AM
@Angelotus: Hum...  'weeklyfun_nl.boards' ... I imagine that you have check that it exists (but I think SMF couldn't run without) ... perhaps that the dot in the name is not appreciated by the installdatabase script. But I'm not convinced because it is using the smf variable "table prefix" ...
I'll take a look.

Yes, boards does exists. Weeklyfun_nl is the name of the database, the prefix of the table is forum_ , but the error just say weeklyfun_nl.boards???

Still not solved. Still need help!

Advertisement: