News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Rate That Topic

Started by slinouille, August 20, 2008, 02:57:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MaXiForum.cz

Quote from: SosniTo.sk on June 14, 2009, 08:53:45 AM
čo narobíš :-D A ty vieš čo som chcel povedať ? Mohol by si preložiť ak by si bol taký dobrý :)

Spíš napiš co jsi potřeboval. Já jsem to také nepochopil :-)

SosniTo.sk

používam smf 1.1.9 ale chcel by som také hodnotenie príspevkov, ktoré je na smf 2.0 čiže keď ukážem na 4 hviezdičky rozsvietia sa 4 :)

MaXiForum.cz

Já viděl, že používáš 1.1.9, ale tato modifikace je i pro tuto verzi.
Stále jsem mimo. Pokud tento mod funguje jinak na v 1.1.9 a jinak na v 2.0 mi není zmámo.
Máme to také jen na 1.1.9 a svítí průměr... takže podle toho kdo co hlasuje :)
Takže o co přesně jde?

SosniTo.sk

no ale na smf je staršia verzia. Tam je menu dropdown a s toho menu musi vybrať svoje hodnotenie. v SMF 2.0 staci kliknut na hviezdicku.

jimbob2z

Quote from: C4G-TK on June 11, 2009, 10:47:31 AM
Quote from: Eclipse16V on June 09, 2009, 11:46:36 PM
No one how can help me?

I wish I could help.  I know how to perform edits, but not what the actual code means.

Quote from: jimbob2z on June 10, 2009, 09:03:49 PM
Quote from: jimbob2z on June 09, 2009, 07:43:48 PM
Hi all!
I love this mod, but whenever I enable the stars to be shown in the messgae index, the image displays twice, so if a topic is rated 5 stars, ten are shown, and if a topic is rated 2 then the image for 2 stars is displayed twice, next to each other.
Any help and ideas to fix this?
Thanks in advance.

Bump!

Did you install this mod twice?  It sounds like the edits were possibly done two times.

Are you on SMF 2.0 or SMF 1.1.X ??

I am on 1.1.9 and it's installed just the once.

C4G-TK

Can you attach a copy of your Display.template.php file?  (I think that's the one it would be.)

-img removed-

MaXiForum.cz

Quote from: SosniTo.sk on June 14, 2009, 03:41:31 PM
no ale na smf je staršia verzia. Tam je menu dropdown a s toho menu musi vybrať svoje hodnotenie. v SMF 2.0 staci kliknut na hviezdicku.

Tak to je možné.
Ovšem je to tak důležité?
Nyní už ti rozumim. Pro 1.1.9 je jen to, co píšeš...

Shark-Time

Im using SMF 1.1.10 and i installed this mod.. well the installation was succussful.. but it didnt took any affect.. even in default theme its not showing the rating??
do we have to enable it from admin panel then please tell where from admin panel i can enable it??

Providing Cheapest Offshore Hosting as low as 5$/year.
MoneyBookers | AlertPay
Pm Me

Shark-Time

ok i found it, it was disabled by default after installation... after enabling it and setting boards now i can see those rating thing on Default but how to make it work with Custom theme.. cuz its not appearing in custom theme...

MoneyBookers | AlertPay
Pm Me

Shark-Time

i want to change the look rating with good looking dropdown kind of rating..

well here is the rating which appears on my forum..

and i want it little better like it shows good excellent etc etc and also show stars thing..like the below ones..these below caps are from VB's forums..

These below caps look much better.

can you make changes in it.. or can you help me to have a better look like show in 2nd and 3rd screen cap...

MoneyBookers | AlertPay
Pm Me

Baloch

is this compatible with smf 1.1.10?

mr.tess

Quote from: [SiNaN] on August 21, 2008, 06:24:19 AM
I think I got the error.

In some servers, files are case-sensitive. Let's try this:

../Sources/RateAdmin.php

Find:

loadTemplate('rateadmin');

Thank you it worked for me :)

Replace:

loadTemplate('RateAdmin');

But note that, when you click on those stars, you will see the rate log. If you want to rate, you select your rate from the select box at the right, and click "Go!".

Neverhurry

Hi,

does this mod work in the principle of average points. Say, user1 rates it 4 stars, user2 rates it 1 star, user3 rates 1 star, so in average the topic should have 2 star, does it do like that?
I am using SMF 2.0.1, curve themes.

Shark-Time

Yup i guess so..

common guys do any one see on the problems i post..

MoneyBookers | AlertPay
Pm Me

Neverhurry

Quote from: Shark-Time on September 15, 2009, 08:55:44 AM
Yup i guess so..

common guys do any one see on the problems i post..

THanks!

I guess you should install it manually, using the parse code in the mod download page.
I am using SMF 2.0.1, curve themes.

Shark-Time

no mate i have already installed this mod.. i was asking for better look.. see my above posts with screen shots..

MoneyBookers | AlertPay
Pm Me

vkot

The number of votes should be displayed along with the stars. A topic with 5 stars by one voter probably is not a "better" topic than one with an average of 4.5 stars by 100 voters, if you get what I mean...

Also, a distribution of the votes would be useful. Simple, like the one in this page: http://www.athinorama.gr/cinema/data/movies/default.aspx?id=8993 (see it below the video)
For specialized SMF installation/customization, Web Development, Linux Server Administration, click here.
Για εξειδικευμένες υπηρεσίες στα παραπάνω, πατήστε εδώ.

SunilDVR

Quote from: vkot on October 12, 2009, 03:00:15 AM
The number of votes should be displayed along with the stars. A topic with 5 stars by one voter probably is not a "better" topic than one with an average of 4.5 stars by 100 voters, if you get what I mean...

Also, a distribution of the votes would be useful. Simple, like the one in this page: http://www.athinorama.gr/cinema/data/movies/default.aspx?id=8993 (see it below the video)

I've run a few reports which include the distribution of votes, but they're in pure SQL - I've not had the need for it to be displayed on the forum I run, so I've not incorporated it into a page. I might look into it, but I've never made a mod and the whole environment will be new to me from a coding perspective - so I wouldn't hold your breath...

Kays

Hi, it has been brought to my attention that there's a conflict between this mod and one of my mods. In MessageIndex.php, my mod alters the following lines:

'href' => $scripturl . '?topic=' . $row['id_topic'] . '.0',
'link' => '<a href="' . $scripturl . '?topic=' . $row['id_topic'] . '.0">' . $row['first_subject'] . '</a>'

This mod adds a line in between those lines breaking my mod. I could compensate for this in my mod. But this would cause an error installing this mod if my mod is installed first. Could you possibly change the search position in this mod to avoid this conflict?

Thanks.

If at first you don't succeed, use a bigger hammer. If that fails, read the manual.
My Mods

anewhobby

What default theme is this meant to work on.. i upgraded to the latest smf (SMF 2.0 RC2) ..... but when i tried to install the package i got these errors.

10. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/ManageBoards.template.php Test failed
1. Add Before ./Themes/default/ManageBoards.template.php Test failed

and

13. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/MessageIndex.template.php Test failed
1. Add After ./Themes/default/MessageIndex.template.php Test failed
2. Replace ./Themes/default/MessageIndex.template.php Test failed

So... should I just execute the install and then manually do these edits? Is there a diffrent theme that comes with the full version install of SMF?

I am using SMF Default Theme - Core (Uploaded FRESH form the full install pack) .... ??

<----- EDIT

Yea... I tried to manually edit those files... but the search string dosn't seam to be in there at all... can anyone tell me where i am meant to make these edits on the default smf core theme?

Advertisement: