Bridge suddenly stopped working

Started by Gruffse, August 21, 2008, 02:29:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gruffse

Hi!

I have tried to search the forums for this, but did not find anything.

I have:
SMF 1.1 RC2
Joomla! 1.0.9 Stable
Joomla Bridge 1.1.4

Problem:
Yesterday the bridge just stopped working.
Users already logged in does not notice anything. Both main site and forum works fine.
If you  log out and try to log back in, nothing happens. (on main site) User is not being logged in.
Login works on SMF, but logged in users (in SMF) still show up as not logged in on main page.

The bridge have been working for a long time with no problems before this happened.

Can anyone help?

Orstio

You don't have a public menu item to your bridge component.  You can't login to the bridge, because Mambo won't let you access it:

Du er ikke autorisert til å se denne ressursen.
Du må logge inn.

You must have a public menu item to the bridge component in order for it to work.

Your SMF, Joomla, and bridge are all obsolete, and all have known security issues.

Gruffse

Thank you for lightning fast reply!  :D

I know everything is outdated, and I would like to upgrade, but I am afraid I will mess up things or spend a lot of time getting the bridge to work again. (I had to do a lot of modifications last time i did)

I tend to go by the saying: "If it aint broke, dont fix it"  ;)

This might not be necessary with new editions of SMF, Joomla and the bridge?
What versions should I use and what might be potential problems in updating?

Thanks again for great help!

Kindred

well, the joomla bridge is no longer available...   that would be your biggest problem.

but bridge 1.1.7 (if you have it) works with Joomla 1.0.12 and SMF 1.1.5

Other than that, I suggest switching to mambo and using the updated mambo bridge to SMF.

(it might not be broke...  but there are security issues with those versions)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: