News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Global Announcements Problem

Started by Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R), August 21, 2008, 07:44:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

This is what the error comes up when i click on the announcement in my forum.

Not Acceptable

An appropriate representation of the requested resource /index.php could not be found on this server.
Apache/2.2.8 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.8 OpenSSL/0.9.8b mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at hackerzden.com Port 80

Please let me know what the problem is. Thank you.

vbgamer45

Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

tried it.. but its kind of not working for me... it is actually due to the global announcements mod ... but i already did theme edits..and yet it appears up..anything else which is possible ?

[SiNaN]

You should remove all the "id=$x" from the urls if you cannot turn the mod_security off.
Former SMF Core Developer | My Mods | SimplePortal

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

Remove "id=$x" from urls ? Can you please give me an example so that i understand a bit better ?

[SiNaN]

Okay, we have the edit url like this:

http://www.mysite.com/index.php?action=gbadmin;sa=editannounce;id=8

If you have id=x in the url, mod_security doesn't accept it.

But it needs a lot of edits in mod, probably you can't do this yourself, mod author should do it.

Anyway, you know the other way, just turn the mod_security off.

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

oh okay. I tried disabling the mod_security by the steps given by vbgamer45 but yet its not working.. i think i will check it out again and see if anything can help out.. or at the last scope.. i will go to the mod author... If you have any other way to make things work .. please let me know..

Thank you.

[SiNaN]

In some servers, you will not have the permission to disable it. In that case contacting to your host would be a good idea.

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

i h8 contacting the host where there is no live chat option... takes a hell lot of time to respond to the query.. well thanks for your help.. i will be back if i have any problems with this..

[SiNaN]

Any updates on this? Do you still require assistance?

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

yep... the host hasnt replied to the query yet. Would post you updates as soon as i get a reply.

Rumbaar

Any luck with information from your host on any type of security they have present?
"An important reward for a job well done is a personal sense of worthwhile achievement."

[ Themes ]

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

Well.. i got a better solution.. i changed the host.. ;) lolz.. was crazy host there..  ticked this topic as solved...

BajaGringo

I am new to this and having a different problem. I tried to load a flash element into the Global Announcement box and it looks fine when I preview it but it doesn't show up in the forums. I tehn tried putting just a simple one line statement and they don't come up either - something is keeping my GA's from appearing. I am new to php/css so I would appreciate any answers be spelled out so the dummie that I am can understand. Here are the 2 error codes I am getting:

8: Undefined offset: 533
File: /home/content/b/a/j/bajaforum/html/bajaforum/Themes/default/languages/Post.english.php (editGA sub template - eval?)
Line: 520

8: Undefined offset: 532
File: /home/content/b/a/j/bajaforum/html/bajaforum/Themes/default/languages/Post.english.php (editGA sub template - eval?)
Line: 519

The forum is http://www.bajamexicoretirement.com/bajaforum [nofollow]

Thanks for your help!!!

Advertisement: