[PHP-Nuke] Conversion error

Started by Prospero, August 25, 2008, 03:27:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prospero

Guys, please help me. I've almost finished converting from PHP-Nuke to SMF 1.1.5 and this is what I got in the end:

Converting topics... Unsuccessful!
This query:

INSERT INTO `spnrussia_testbetasite2`.sr20_topics
    (ID_TOPIC, isSticky, ID_FIRST_MSG, ID_LAST_MSG, ID_MEMBER_STARTED, ID_MEMBER_UPDATED, ID_BOARD, ID_POLL, locked, numReplies, numViews)
    VALUES ('11', '0', '12', '202967', '29', '18503', '30', '', '0', '1610', '53733'),
    ('12', '0', '13', '196601', '9', '16', '7', '', '0', '62', '5562'),

[a lot of similar lines here]

('1189', '0', '52325', '197002', '463', '22428', '24', '110', '0', '63', '3286'),
    ('1193', '0', '52366', '197992', '1411', '20949', '9', '111', '0', '189', '6859'),
    ('1194', '0', '52379', '166135', '1573', '19839', '17', '', '0', '38', '2143');

Caused the error:

[b]Duplicate entry '11' for key 1[/b]

What can I do with this '11' entry?

Prospero

Searched some more and found a tip that clicking "CONTINUE" may cause the converter to double-copy some entries. Re-did the conversion. Still no luck.

ThorstenE

edit the phpnuke_to_smf.sql and search for:

---* {$to_prefix}topics

replace with:
---* {$to_prefix}topics
---{
$ignore = true;
---}

Rumbaar

"An important reward for a job well done is a personal sense of worthwhile achievement."

[ Themes ]

Prospero

Quote from: TE on August 25, 2008, 06:38:23 AM
edit the phpnuke_to_smf.sql and search for:

---* {$to_prefix}topics

replace with:
---* {$to_prefix}topics
---{
$ignore = true;
---}

This helped, thanks. A lot of threads and posts are missing from the forum, though. Will probably have to try doing it again or find another way to move from PHP-Nuke (Nuke -> phpBB2 -> SMF, perhaps?)

Rumbaar

Did you read my post and link to thread?  TE's option skips the whole process and wouldn't convert and posts.

I'm sure you had different issues in your later post.  I've just gone through a test conversion myself and this was the changes I needed to make:
[PHP-Nuke] Conversion fixes and issues.
"An important reward for a job well done is a personal sense of worthwhile achievement."

[ Themes ]

Prospero

QuoteDid you read my post and link to thread?  TE's option skips the whole process and wouldn't convert and posts.
Actually it did convert all the posts after all. The first time it went wrong because another admin was working with DB at the same time. I reran the conversion script and it worked just fine.

Thanks for your post and a link to a thread with your experience, though. It is very interesting to read, I just wish I paid more attention to this yesterday (maybe I could keep the signatures' first letters). Now I probably won't rerun the conversion once again. I have 200K topics and 27K users and it's a pretty long (and exhausting if something goes wrong) process. And I didn't even start integrating them to Wordpress (my, that's gonna be a pain in the ass).

Rumbaar

Yeah that is why I ran a test run on my localhost, I don't have as many topics/members (~64K/~14k) as you but I wanted to do a full test before committing to live.  Having a WAMP (or equivalent) localhost web server is such a benefit for these type of tests, I've got mine running on a lowly 1100mhz AMD machine with only 384MB RAM so it doesn't require a killer machine (for the most part).

[ Themes ]

Advertisement: