• Welcome to Simple Machines Community Forum. Please login or sign up.
September 22, 2021, 07:43:26 PM

News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

moving part of my data from 1.1.5 to 2.0?

Started by thefley, August 25, 2008, 07:57:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thefley

I did a serch and not coming up with what I really need.

I have site one with 1.1.5
and test site with 2.0

with my host server I can not make 2 data bases with the same name, so I am not able to import my db from site 1 to 2 and I know there would be an issue if I did as the db's are diff, MySql 4.0 and 5.0 and smf I read was diff from 1.1.5 to 2.0

can someone tell me how to transfer my members and the data over from site 1 to site 2 ?

www.greatplainsriders.com

N3RVE

Hello thefley,

Can someone tell me how to transfer my members and the data over from site 1 to site 2 ?
Transferring your members from a forum running 1.1.5 to another with 2.0 may not be easy due to the number of database changes.

with my host server I can not make 2 data bases with the same name, so I am not able to import my db from site 1 to 2 and I know there would be an issue if I did as the db's are diff, MySql 4.0 and 5.0 and smf I read was diff from 1.1.5 to 2.0
If your Host restricted MySql databases to just one, I don't think they restricted the # of tables for a database. ;)
Do both SMF Installations (1.1.x and 2.0) have different table prefixes. You can Install another SMF 2.0 forum on the existing db with a different prefix and import data from an SMF 2.0 forum's db with your data.

-[n3rve]
Ralph "[n3rve]" Otowo
Former Marketing Co-ordinator, Simple Machines.
ralph [at] simplemachines [dot] org                       
Quote"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." - Carl Sagan

thefley

the holt allows up to 25 data bases but I can not set up another with same name to transfer the old one over to new one....

I was just wondering if I can get my members over to the 2.0 from the 1.1.5 and any of the other data I might want with out the whole database being transfered?

www.greatplainsriders.com

N3RVE

Quote from: thefley on August 27, 2008, 07:52:13 PM
I was just wondering if I can get my members over to the 2.0 from the 1.1.5 and any of the other data I might want with out the whole database being transfered?

That isn't something I can help with, sorry. You can stick around - maybe someone with great skills in this can help you, alternatively - you can post at the Help Wanted (Not for Support) Board.

-[n3rve]
Ralph "[n3rve]" Otowo
Former Marketing Co-ordinator, Simple Machines.
ralph [at] simplemachines [dot] org                       
Quote"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." - Carl Sagan

Advertisement: